Potato dhariwala | aloo masala| potato masala side dish for chapathi, roti, puri, poori, etc,. is with detailed video and photo recipe. Potato dhariwala is a type of potato masala which serves as an excellent side dish for various dishes. This is prepared in an Indian style. It is called as आलू मसाला (aloo masala) in hindi and உருளை கிழங்கு மசாலா (urulaikilangu masala) in tamil.
POTATO DHARIWALA|POTATO MASALA DESCRIPTION
Potato dhariwala | Potato masala | aloo masala is a delicious and tasty side dish prepared with potatoes, spices, onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. It is a tasty side dish for poori, puri, chapathi, roti, plain rice, dosa, idli, etc,.
This potato masala gravy can be easily prepared within few minutes. Here, the potatoes are first steam cooked/ boiled separately in a steamer/cooker. Then, they are crumbled and cooked along with the ground mixture & spices. The combination of fresh coriander leaves, tomatoes and onions gives an unique and delicious flavor and taste to this dish.
It can also be called as aloo masala sabji. This is a simple and quick sabji which goes well with many type of dishes. Hence, it can be prepared in a short span of time as a side dish for lunch box or any tiffin recipes.
It differs from the south indian poori masala (tamil nadu hotel style) in taste. The method of preparation and ingredients are different as well. Enjoy this aloo masala recipe at home.
The potato masala recipe from scratch is written below. You may like our bombay chutney, masala poori, Palak paneer.
Potato dhariwala | potato masala | aloo masala with step by step video recipe (youtube) is below.
how to make potato masala ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Potato dhariwala | aloo masala recipe
Cooking time: less than 10 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Onions / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (medium size) -2
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி – ¾ cup
- Tomatoes / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) –2
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் – 3
- Garlic cloves / लहसुन / பூண்டு பற்கள் – 25
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 150 ml
For preparing potato dhariwala
- Potatoes / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (small size) – 12
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 4 tbsp
- Ghee / घी / நெய் – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – ¾ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட் – ¾ tsp
- Red chilli powder / लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – 1 tsp
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 120 ml
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Boil/steam cook the potatoes in a steamer or pressure cooker.
- Crumble the boiled potatoes.
- Grind the onions, coriander leaves, tomatoes, green chillies and garlic cloves with water (150 ml) to a smooth mixture. Ground mixture is ready.
- Add the cooking oil and ghee to the kadai.
- Then, add the cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Add the ground mixture, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sugar and water (120 ml) to it.
- Cook covered until froth appears (3-4 minutes at medium flame).
- Add the crumbled potatoes and required salt to it.
- Cook covered until bubble appears (3-4 minutes at medium flame). Serve hot.
If you like this recipe, please share your vote below. Share it with your friends and family.