Aloo Paneer Kofta Gravy is a delicious Gravy and a perfect Side dish for Roti, Phulka and Rice. Aloo Paneer Kofta Gravy is very rich in taste. This lip-smacking dish is prepared with Paneer, Potatoes, Garlic, Onions, Tomatoes, Green Chillies and Spices.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yields: 7 -9 Kofta balls
1 cup= 450 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Salted Butter – 3 tsp
- Big sized Potato – 3
- Grated Paneer – ¾ cup
- Cinnamon – 2
- Cardamom – 5
- Saunf(fennel seeds) – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 7
- Garlic – 5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Finely chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Green Chillies – 2 tsp
- Big sized Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Coriander powder – (½-¾) tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Cashew nuts– 12
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup ( 1 cup = 400 ml)
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Water – required
- Salt – Required
- Add required Water and Salt to the peeled whole Potatoes. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles and mash it well.
- Grind the Cashew nuts with little Water to a smooth paste. Cashew paste is ready.
- Roast the Cinnamon, Cardamom, Saunf (Fennel seeds), Cloves, finely chopped Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies (1 tsp) and Onions with the Butter ( 1 tsp) in a Kadai. Continue roasting until the Onions becomes pink and transparent.
- Then, add the chopped Tomatoes to it. Saute it for 3 minutes at medium flame.Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes and grind it with little Water to a smooth puree. Strain the prepared puree.
- Saute the Red Chilli powder, prepared strained puree, required Salt, Coriander powder and Garam Masala powder with the Butter(2 tsp) for 2 minutes, in a Kadai at low-medium flame.
- Add little Water to it and mix it well .Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared Cashew paste to it and saute it for 3 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame.The gravy is ready.
- Add the grated Paneer,Corn flour, Bread crumbs, required Salt and chopped Green Chillies (1 tsp) to the mashed Potatoes.
- Divide the mixture equally and make balls with it. Deep fry the balls in the Cooking Oil.
- Add the deep fried balls to the prepared gravy and garnish with the chopped Coriander leaves.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and enter your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your mail inbox directly. You can also follow us on Facebook (Sreelakshmi Kitchen), Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).