Hotel Style Paneer Palak is a scrumptious Gravy prepared with Spinach (Palak), Paneer (Cottage cheese), Onion, Tomato, Green Chilli, Ginger, Ghee and Spices. This delicious dish tastes exactly the same as the restaurant made Paneer Palak.
This tasty gravy is an excellent Side dish for Plain Rice, Veg Pulao, Chapati, Roti and Phulka. Spinach is very nutritious and it is also rich in antioxidants. It increases the metabolism, controls blood sugar level, improves brain function, prevents from various types of cancers and also improves the quality of our skin tone. It is mandatory to include Spinach in our daily diet to lead a healthy life.
Cottage cheese (Paneer) is rich in protein, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Vitamin D and healthy fat. It reduces the risk of Breast Cancer. As it is rich in Magnesium, it supports the Immune system and helps in maintaining Blood Sugar level. It is also a good source of various minerals.
This mouth-watering dish is very nutritious as it contains the nutrient rich Cottage cheese and Spinach as its main ingredients. Enjoy the Nutritious dish which has an awesome taste with this simple recipe.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Small sized Onion – 5 (finely chopped)
- Spinach (Palak) – 100 grams (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Cooking Oil – 1 ½ spoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Small sized Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200gms ( Equal cut square pieces)
- For Grinding – 3gms
- Ghee – ½ Spoon
- Water – 200 ml for grinding
- Cumin powder – ½ Coffee spoon
- Turmeric powder –½ Coffee spoon
- Roast the finely chopped Onions (4 Onions) with the Cooking Oil (1 spoon) until it becomes pink and transparent, in a Kadai at low-medium flame.
- Add the finely chopped Tomato, Green Chillies, Ginger, Ginger Garlic paste and Palak to it. Sauté and cook the mixture for (8-10) minutes at low-medium flame. Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, Fry the equally cut squared Pieces of Paneer in the Ghee until it turns slightly golden brown on all its sides, in a pan at low-medium flame. Switch off the flame. Fried Paneer pieces are ready.
- Add the required Water (200 ml) to the mixture and grind it to a thick puree. Palak Puree is ready to use.
- Roast the finely chopped Onion (1 Onion) with the Cooking Oil (½ spoon) until it turns pink and transparent, in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the prepared Palak Puree, Turmeric powder, Cumin powder to it. Mix it well. Boil the mixture for 2-3 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the prepared Paneer pieces to it and mix it well. Close the Kadai with a lid and boil the mixture for (1-2) minutes. Switch off the flame. Paneer Palak is ready. Enjoy with Vegetable Pulao or Vegetable Biryani (Using Hand pounded Rice) (click the Vegetable Pulao or Vegetable Biryani for its recipe).
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog or like my Facebook Page “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” or Twitter page @sreeskitchen for updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.