Vegetable Biryani is a delicious Rice based dish prepared with Vegetables (French Beans, Tomatoes, Potato, Onion and Green peas), Ginger garlic paste, Green Chillies, Spices and Bread slices. Here, I have used hand pounded Rice for making this tasty dish. This delectable dish can be easily prepared to celebrate the Festive time. This biryani adds a special festive touch whenever it is made.
This is my mother’s recipe. She used to prepare this dish for the entire family on every Diwali. We, family members eagerly wait for the day to especially enjoy this biryani. I used to prepare this dish during festivity to make the day special. Here, is the simple recipe to prepare it at home and relish its taste.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
1 cup= 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Raw hand pounded Rice – 1 ¼ cup
- Small sized Onion – 3 (finely chopped)
- Small Tomato – 4 (finely chopped)
- Big sized potato – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- French Beans – 5 (chopped lengthwise)
- Carrot – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Green peas – 3 spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 3/4 tsp
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 piece of 2 Inch size
- Bay leaf – 2
- Bread slices – 3
- Cooking Oil – 2 ½ spoon for roasting the Rice
- Cooking Oil – 7 tsp
- Green Chilli – 4
- Grind the Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon, Bay leaf, finely chopped Onions and Tomatoes with Water (slightly more than ½ cup) to a puree. Masala puree is ready.
- Sauté the chopped Potato, Beans, Carrots and Green peas with the Cooking Oil (2 tsp) and required Salt for 6 minutes, in a Kadai at low-medium flame. Sprinkle little Water (5 ml) while sautéing. Switch off the flame.
- Boil the prepared Masala puree for 5 minutes, in another Kadai at low-medium flame.
- Roast the raw hand pounded Rice with the Cooking Oil (2 ½ spoon) for 7 minutes, in a pressure cooker (5.5 litre aluminium cooker) at low-medium flame.
- Then, add the boiled Masala puree and Sautéed Vegetables to it. Mix it well.
- Add required Water (1 ½ cup) and Salt to it. Mix it well.
- Cook the mixture for 2 whistles at high flame. Switch off the flame. Biryani is ready.
- Cut the bread slices into equal pieces and roast it for 5 minutes with the Chopped Green chillies and Cooking Oil (5 tsp) in a Kadai at medium flame. Switch off the flame. Add the mixture to the cooked Biryani and mix it well.
Please don’t forget to press the “SUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog for new updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.
4 thoughts on “Vegetable Biryani (Using Hand pounded Rice)”
Hello, We Make real Human Hand Pounded Natural Rice…If you want to buy contact us ..we do all work in village …http://www.vilkages.com/hand-pounded-rice/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi, Sure we will.. Thank you…