Bread Upma is an instant healthy Indian dish that can be prepared in a very short time. It is a delicious and a tasty complete meal. This healthy snack is prepared with Whole Wheat Bread and Vegetables like Onion, Tomato and Green peas. Tomato sauce, Mint chutney, Curd is as an apt side dish for it.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Cooking Oil – 3 spoon
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Big Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Peeled Green Peas – ½ cup ( 1 cup = 450 ml)
- Whole Wheat Bread slice – 10 (Equally cut squared pieces)
- Red Chilli – 4
- Garam Masala powder – ½ tsp.
- Red Chilli powder – (¼-½) tsp.
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Water – required
- Roast the Chana dal and Red Chillies with the Cooking Oil (1 spoon) until the dal turns slightly brown,in a Kadai at low flame.
- Add the finely chopped Onions to it and roast it until it become pink and transparent.
- Add the Peeled Green Peas, chopped Tomatoes and Green Chillies to it. Saute the mixture for a minute and Sprinkle little Water over it. Close the kadai with a lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add the equally cut squared whole Wheat bread pieces and cooking Oil (2 spoon) to it. Saute the mixture for 3 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the Garam Masala powder and Red Chilli powder to it and saute the mixture for a minute.
- Again close the Kadai with a lid for a minute and switch off the flame. Garnish with the chopped Coriander leaves.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button”at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.