Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Chutney is a healthy and a Vitamin C enriched Side dish for Rice, Roti and Chapati. This tasty Chutney is prepared with Indian Gooseberry, Tamarind, Dals and Spices.
Cooking time: 8 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – 6 (finely chopped)
- Mustard Seeds (small) – 1 coffee spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Tamarind – a big Button sized
- Grated Coconut – ¾ tsp
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – required
- Roast the Mustard Seeds with Cooking Oil until the Seeds crackle, in a Kadai at low flame.
- Then add the Chana dal, Urad dal, Red chillies and Tamarind to it. Mix it well. Saute the mixture until both the dals turn slightly brown.
- Add the finely chopped Amlas to it and mix it well. Saute the mixture until the Amlas get cooked. Then, add the required Salt to it. Mix it well. Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Then, grind the prepared mixture with the grated Coconut and required Water to a smooth paste. Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Chutney is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.