Bird’s nest is a delicious Starter and a mouth-watering Appetizer too. Tomato sauce/Mint Chutney is an apt side dish for it. It is a delicious food prepared with Vermicelli, Potatoes, Green peas, Paneer, Onions, Garlic cloves, Ginger and Spices.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Yields: 9 pieces
1 cup = 400 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Big sized Potato – 3
- Corn flour – 2 spoon
- Bread crumbs – 2 spoon
- Maida – 3-4 spoon
- Vermicelli – 1 cup ( I have used flavoured Vermicelli)
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – required
- Oil for deep frying
- Water – required
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Grated Paneer – 3 spoon
- Finely chopped Onion – 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped Green chilli – 1 ½ tsp
- Finely chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped peeled Garlic – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Mango powder – ½ tsp or Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 4 tsp
- Salt – required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Roast the Vermicelli with the Oil (1 tbsp) until they turn golden brown, in a Kadai at medium flame. Roasted Vermicelli is ready.
- Cook the peeled Potatoes with required Water in a Pressure Cooker for 4 whistles and mash it well.
- Add the Bread crumbs, Pepper powder and required Salt to the mashed Potatoes. Mix it well. Potato mixture is ready. Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for few minutes. Divide the Potato mixture equally and make balls with it. Potato balls are ready.
- Pressure cook the Green peas with required Water for 2 whistles.
- Add little Water to the Maida and stir it well. Maida batter of light consistency is ready.
- Roast the finely chopped Onions, Ginger and Garlic with the Oil (1 tbsp) until the Onions become pink and transparent at low flame. Then, add the chopped Green chillies, cooked Green peas, Red Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Garam Masala powder and Mango powder (or Lemon juice) to it. Saute the mixture for a minute.
- Finally add the grated Paneer, Sugar and required Salt to it. Mix it well. Cook for 2 minutes at medium flame and Switch off the flame. Then, add the chopped Coriander leaves to it and mix it well. Stuffing is ready.
- Divide the stuffing equally. The number of stuffing divisions should be equal to the number of prepared Potato balls.
- Take a ball, make a dent at it’s centre using hands and stuff it with a stuffing division and shape it into the ball again.
- Dip the ball in the prepared Maida batter and then roll over the roasted Vermicelli. Make sure that, all the sides of the ball are equally covered with roasted Vermicelli.
- Repeat the same procedure for rest of the balls.
- Deep fry the balls in the Oil until it become golden brown & crispy. Enjoy with Tomato Sauce or Mint Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.