Bread Roll is a delicious Snack and an inviting appetizer too. It tastes the best with Mint Chutney/Tamarind Chutney. This delectable food is made with Potatoes, Bread Slices, Onions and Spices.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 7 Rolls
1 spoon= 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium Sized Bread slices – 7
- Big Sized Potatoes – 2
- Peeled Green Peas – ¼ cup (1 cup = 200 ml)
- Medium Sized Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Mango powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ¾ tsp
- Ginger – an inch (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves – 3 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 spoon
- Oil – for deep frying
- Cook the Potatoes with required Water and Salt in a Pressure Cooker for 2 whistles. Mash it well.
- Roast the Cumin Seeds with the Cooking Oil until it turns golden brown, in a Kadai at low flame. Add the Red Chilli powder, Mango powder, required Salt, Peeled Green Peas, finely chopped Onions, Ginger, Green chillies and Coriander Leaves to it. Mix it well. Saute the mixture for 4 minutes at medium flame. Sprinkle little water if required.
- Add the mashed Potatoes to it and Saute the mixture for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Stuffing is ready. Equally divide the stuffing.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Take a Bread slice and dip its one side in a bowl of Water. Place the slice in between your palms and Press to squeeze the Water and make it as a thin bread sheet.
- Place a stuffing division on the prepared thin bread sheet. Roll the sheet along with the stuffing and seal its edges.Repeat the same procedure for rest of the Bread slices.
- Deep fry the prepared rolls until it turns golden brown on both sides, in the Oil. Bread Rolls are ready. Enjoy with Mint Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.