Vegetable Cutlet is a scrumptious snack prepared with Boiled potatoes, Beetroot, Carrot, Green peas, Beans, Onion, Cashewnuts, desiccated Coconut, Green Chillies, Ginger garlic paste, Bread crumbs, Oats flour and Spices. This delicious Starter is tastes the best with the Mint Chutney (click the Mint chutney for the recipe)/Tomato sauce. Here is the simple recipe of this delicious appetizer.
Cooking time: 12-14 minutes for preparing cutlet mixture.
2-3 minutes for roasting each Cutlet
Serves: 10 big sized cutlets
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Beetroot -2
- Medium sized Potato- 2
- Medium sized Carrot – 2
- Green peas- 1 tbsp
- Chopped Beans – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cashewnuts – 13
- Desiccated Coconut – 7 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1¾ tsp
- Green Chilli -6
- Khus khus/Poppy seeds – 2 tsp
- Cloves – 9
- Cardamom – 9
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) – 1½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 (each of an inch)
- Ghee – ¾ spoon
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 5 spoons
- Bread crumbs – slightly more than 1¼ cup (1 cup=300 ml)
- Oats flour – slightly less than ¼ cup (1 cup=300 ml)
- Cook the whole Peeled potatoes, Beetroot, Carrot, Green peas and Beans with the Water (slightly more than 1 cup (1 cup= 300 ml)) and required Salt for 4-5 whistles in a pressure cooker (I have used stainless steel 5 litres pressure pan).
- Drain the extra Water (Vegetable Water) from the cooked vegetables and store the drained water. Don’t discard the water as it contains lot of nutrients.
- Mash the cooked Potatoes. Grate the cooked Beetroot and Carrot.
- To prepare Oats flour, grind the required quantity of Oats to a fine smooth flour. Oats flour is ready.
- Mix the prepared Oats flour with the Water (80- 100 ml) and prepare an Oats batter of very light consistency.
- Spread the Bread crumbs over a plate.
- Grind the Cashew nuts, desiccated Coconut, Cloves, Poppy seeds, Cardamom, Saunf, Cinnamon and Green Chillies with Vegetable Water/Water (50 ml) to a smooth paste. Ground paste is ready.
- Roast the chopped Onions with the Ghee for 2 minutes in a Kadai at medium-high flame (I have used non-stick Kadai).
- Add the prepared Ground paste to it and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Then, add the mashed potato, grated Carrot, grated Beetroot, cooked Green peas and Beans to it.
- Sauté the mixture until it becomes completely dry at medium-high flame. Switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture. Make equal sized balls with it.
- Flatten each ball to a round shaped Cutlet. Dip each round shaped Cutlet in a prepared Oats batter and rolls it over the bread crumbs.
- Roast each Cutlet with the Cooking Oil (½ spoon) until it turns golden dark brown on both sides in the Dosa tawa/Roti tawa at medium flame. Switch off the flame. Prepare Veggie Burger (Click the Veggie Burger to know the recipe) using this Vegetable Cutlet.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and give your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.