Mint Chutney is a scrumptious Side dish for all Appetizers/ Snacks. It is a low fat, nutritious Chutney which aids in digestion. This delicious chutney is easily prepared with Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Curry Leaves and Spices. It is an excellent Side dish for Rice, Roti, Chapati and Phulkas too.
Cooking time: 8-9 minutes
Serves: 3 -4
1 cup = 400 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) – (1 ½ -2) cup
- Mustard Seeds (small) –½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 1½ tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Tamarind – a big Button sized/very small Lemon sized
- Grated Coconut – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 2 tsp
- Water – required
- Roast the Mustard Seeds with the Cooking Oil until it crackles, in a Kadai at low flame.
- Add the Chana dal, Urad dal, Red chillies and Tamarind to it.Saute the mixture until both the dals turn slightly brown.
- Add the Curry leaves, finely chopped Mint leaves and Coriander leaves to it. Saute it for few seconds. Then, add the required Salt to it. Mix it well.
- Saute the mixture for 3-5 minutes at medium flame and switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 4 minutes.
- Grind the prepared mixture with the grated Coconut and little Water to a smooth paste. Mint Chutney is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.