Plantain stem soup | vazhaithandu soup | केला स्टेम सूप | வாழை தண்டு சூப் is a simple, tasty, healthy and a fiber enriched Soup. Plantain stem has numerous health benefits. This tasty soup can beat constipation. It also helps in treating hyper acidity. This delicious soup is prepared with plantain stem, boiled milk, cashew nut and butter. It is also known as valaithandu soup. Enjoy this plantain stem soup recipe / Vazhaithandu soup recipe at home.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 cup=400 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Plantain Stem / केला स्टेम / வாழை தண்டு (finely chopped) – 2 cup
- Pepper Powder / काली मिर्च पाउडर / மிளகு தூள் – ¾ tsp (as per your preference)
- Boiled Milk – ¼ cup and 3 tbsp
- Cashew nut / काजू / முந்திரி பருப்பு – (8-10)
- Butter / मक्खन / வெண்ணெய் – (1- 1¼) tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – few (for garnishing)
- Grind the chopped plantain stem (1 ½ cup) with enough water to a juice. Plantain stem juice is ready.
- Grind the cashew nut with the boiled milk (3 tbsp) to a smooth paste. Cashew nut paste is ready.
- Saute the remaining chopped plantain Stem (½ cup) with the butter, in a kadai at low- medium flame. Saute and cook the mixture until the plantain stem gets cooked well.
- Then, add the prepared plantain stem juice and pepper powder to it and stir it well. Boil until small bubbles appears (it will take very few minutes).
- Add the salt (required), cashew nut paste and boiled milk to it and cook for few minutes (until tiny bubbles or froth appears). Turn off the flame. Thick Plantain stem soup is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.