Plantain Stem (Vazhaithandu) Soup is a healthy and a fiber enriched Soup. This tasty soup can dissolve Kidney stones and beat constipation. It also helps in treating hyper acidity. This delicious Soup is prepared with Plantain Stem, boiled Milk, Cashew nut and Butter.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Plantain Stem (finely chopped) – 2 cup
- Pepper Powder – (¾- 1 ¼) coffee spoon
- Boiled Milk – ¼ cup and 4 spoon
- Cashew nut – 6
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Grind the chopped Plantain Stem (1 ½ cup) with the Water (½ cup) to a juice. Plantain Stem juice is ready.
- Grind the Cashew nut with the boiled Milk (4 spoon) to a smooth paste. Cashew nut paste is ready.
- Saute the chopped Plantain Stem (½ cup) with the Butter, in a Kadai at low- medium flame. Boil the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Then, add the prepared Plantain Stem juice to it and mix it well.
- Add the Pepper powder to it and stir it well. Boil it for 2 minutes at low flame.
- Add the required Salt and prepared Cashew nut paste to it and stir it for a minute.
- Later, add the boiled Milk to the Soup and stir for few seconds. Switch off the flame. Thick Plantain Stem soup is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.