Kaddu Ka Halwa (Pumpkin Halwa) is a lip smacking Dessert. It is a Traditional delicious sweet. This mouthwatering dessert is easy to make in a short duration.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 Cup = 400 ml
- Chopped Pumpkin-4 cups
- Boiled Milk – ½ liter
- Cardamom(broken) – 4
- Cashews – 8
- Saffron strands – 5
- Raisins – 10
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1 cup
- Almond – 5
- Add the boiled Milk (1/4 cup) to the chopped Pumpkin and grind it to a coarse paste. The coarse Pumpkin paste is ready.
- Roast the Cashews with the Ghee until it turns slightly brown, in a Kadai at low flame. Add Raisins and Cardamoms to it and roast the mixture for 20 seconds.
- Add the prepared coarse Pumpkin paste to it and mix it well. Stir the mixture at medium flame. Stir it at frequent intervals else it may get burnt at the bottom.
- Then, add little boiled Milk (less than ¼ cup) and the Saffron strands to it. Mix it well. Stir the mixture at low-medium flame.
- Add the Brown Sugar to it and mix it well.
- If the mixture has become rigid or if the mixture is not cooked well, add little boiled Milk to it and stir well.
- Cook it until the mixture reduces into a deep glossy non sticky mixture (consistency of a Halwa).
- Garnish with the Almonds and Raisins.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.