Rice Cutlet is a toothsome Appetizer and a lip smacking Snack. Even a left over Rice can be turned to a delicious appetizer by this recipe. It is a tasty and healthy Starter prepared with rice and vegetables like Carrot, Capsicum, Green peas and Potato. It tastes crispy outside and very soft inside. Tomato sauce/Mint Chutney/Onion/Tomato Chutney is an excellent side dish for it.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yields: 7-8 pieces
1 cup= 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Cooked Rice-1 cup
- Chopped Carrot – slightly less than ¼ cup
- Peeled Green peas – slightly less than ¼ cup
- Peeled big sized Potato – 1
- Chopped big sized Onion – 1
- Chopped Green Capsicum – slightly less than ¼ cup
- Bread Crumbs – slightly less than ½ cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Garam Masala – (¾-1) tsp
- Red Chilli powder – (¾-1 ¼) tsp
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 1 spoon
- Oil – for roasting the cutlet
- Cook the chopped Carrots, peeled Green peas and Potato with required Water and Salt in a Pressure Cooker for 3 whistles. Mash the cooked Vegetables.
- Roast the chopped Onions and Capsicums with the Cooking Oil for 3 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the Garam masala, Red Chilli powder and the required Salt to it.Saute the mixture for a minute.
- Add the mashed Vegetables and chopped Coriander leaves to it and sauté it for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the cooked Rice and required Salt to it and saute until the mixture blends well. Switch off the flame.
- Partition the mixture equally and make balls with it.
- Flatten each ball to a round shape (in the shape of a cutlet) using hands.
- Dust the Cutlet with Bread Crumbs. The Cutlet should be covered with Bread Crumbs on all its sides.
- Roast the Cutlets until it turn golden brown on both sides, in a greased Dosa Tawa at low-medium flame. Rice Cutlet is ready. Enjoy with Mint Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.