Rumali Roti is a delicious flat Indian bread. This fluffy and mouth-watering dish is prepared with Maida and Whole Wheat flour. Gravies are an excellent Side dish for it.
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Yields: 7 Roti
1 cup = 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Maida (All-purpose flour)– 1 cup
- Whole Wheat flour – ½ cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Whole Wheat flour – little for dusting
- Cooking Oil – 3 spoon
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Add the Whole Wheat flour, Milk, Cooking Oil (1 spoon), required Water and Salt to the Maida. Knead it into dough. Cover the dough with a moist cotton cloth for 1 hour.
- Make Lemon sized balls with the dough. Flatten each ball to a round shaped thin Roti using the Chapati Rolling Pin.
- Cook the prepared thin Roti in a upside down positioned hot Tawa until the brown spots appear on both sides of the Roti ( Tawa should be pre heated upside down at high temperature before cooking the Roti).
- Press the Roti with a cotton cloth frequently when it is cooking on the hot Tawa. Fluffy Rumali Roti is ready. Enjoy with Navaratan Korma (Navarathna Kurma) or Aloo Paneer Kofta Gravy or Malai Kofta or Sev Tamatar Sabzi.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.