Sago Vada is a crispy and scrumptious Snack. It is a healthy Appetizer prepared with Sago, Potatoes, Groundnut Powder, Lemon, Cumin powder and Green Chillies. Mint Chutney is an apt Side dish for this delicious Snack.
Cooking time: 15 -20 minutes
Yields: 8 – 10 Vadas
1 spoon= 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Sago/Sabudana – 1 cup ( 1 cup = 400 ml)
- Medium Sized Potatoes – 2
- Ground nuts – less than ¼ cup
- Ginger – 2 inch (finely chopped)
- Cumin powder – ¾ tsp
- Green Chillies – 5 (finely chopped)
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 3 spoon
- Salt – required
- Half Cut Lemon – 1
- Water – required
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying
- Soak the Sago in Water for 6 hours and drain it.
- Cook the Potatoes with little Water in a Pressure Cooker for 3 whistles and then, mash it well.
- Grind the Ground nuts to a coarse powder. Ground nut powder is ready.
- Add the mashed Potatoes, Ground nut powder, Cumin powder, required Salt, chopped Ginger, Green Chillies and Coriander leaves to the drained Sago and mix it well.
- Squeeze the lemon over it and mix it well. Mash the prepared mixture using hands and make equal sized balls with it.
- Flatten each ball to a round shape using hands and slip it gently into the Cooking Oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry till Vada turns golden brown on both sides. Hot Sago Vada is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.