Cottage Cheese fritters is a delicious Snack which is prepared with Cottage Cheese, Papad/Vadam, Maida, Onions, Red Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, Spring Onions, Cumin powder and Fennel seeds. This tasty Starter is crispy outside and so soft inside.
Cottage cheese is rich in protein, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Vitamin D and healthy fat. It reduces the risk of Breast Cancer. As it is rich in Magnesium, it supports the Immune system and helps in maintaining Blood Sugar level. It is also a good source of various minerals. Cumin powder aids in digestion and Fennel seeds increases the Metabolism.
Mint Chutney or Tomato sauce is an apt Side dish for this lip-smacking Appetizer.
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Yields: 11- 14 pieces
1 cup = 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Cottage Cheese/Paneer – 200 grams (Crumbled)
- Maida/ All-purpose flour – ¼ cup (1 cup= 450 ml)
- Medium sized Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 ¾ spoon (finely chopped)
- Garam masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 spoon
- Spring Onions – ¾ spoon
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ¾ tsp
- Crushed non fried papad/ Vadam – ½ cup
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying
- Water – required
- Add the Tomato sauce, Red Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, Cumin powder, Fennel seeds, finely chopped Onions, Green Chillies, Spring Onions and Coriander leaves to the crumbled Cottage Cheese/Paneer. Mix it well.
- Divide the mixture into equal divisions. Make balls with it. Cottage Cheese/Paneer balls are ready.
- Spread the crushed Pappad on a plate.
- Add required Water to the Maida and prepare Maida batter of light consistency.
- Dip each Cottage Cheese/Paneer ball in the prepared Maida batter and roll it over the crushed Papad/Vadam so that the each ball should be covered with the crushed Papad/Vadam equally on all its sides.
- Deep fry in the Cooking Oil until the papad/Vadam turns slightly golden brown. Cottage Cheese fritters are ready. Enjoy with Mint Chutney/ Tomato Sauce (Please click the Mint Chutney for its recipe).
Please don’t forget to press the “SUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog for new updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.
6 thoughts on “Cottage Cheese Fritters”
Is it fried papad/vadam or without fried..
We have to roll the cottage cheese balls over the crushed non fried papad/Vadam and then deep fry them until the Vadam/Papad gets fried and turns slightly golden brown.
Interesting recipe,thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you !! You are welcome !!
No thanks, it’s my pleasure!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have noticed you don’t monetize your blog, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional cash every month because you’ve got high
quality content. If you want to know how to make extra money, search for:
Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative