Vegetable Chopsuey is a delicious dish prepared with Noodles, Soya sauce, Chilli sauce, Tomato sauce, Corn flour, Apple cider Vinegar, Vegetables (Carrots, Cabbage, French beans, Onions and Green peas), Spring Onions and Spices. Chopsuey is a dish in American Chinese cuisine. Everybody will love this mouth-watering dish for sure. I have prepared this toothsome dish without deep frying of Noodles.
Cooking time: 50 – 60 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Hakka noodles –450 grams
- Soya sauce – 3 ½ tsp
- Corn flour – (2-3)spoon
- Chilli sauce – 3 ¾ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 4 ¼ tsp
- Water for sauce – (700 ml – 900 ml)
- Large sized Carrot – 2 (chopped lengthwise)
- Medium sized Onion – 3 (chopped lengthwise)
- French beans – 4 (finely chopped)
- Grated Cabbage – 50 grams
- Black Pepper powder- 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Green peas – 2 spoon
- Cooking Oil – 13 tsp
- Spring Onions – (1-2) spoon (finely chopped)
- Boil the Water ((8-9) cups of Water (1 cup = 400 ml)) with the required Salt for (8 – 10) minutes at high flame. Then, immerse the Hakka noodles (I have used Chings Hakka noodles)in the boiling water for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Drain it (to remove the Water) and add the Cooking Oil (2 tsp) to it. Mix it well.
- Divide the drained noodles into two equal portions.
- Sauté one portion of the drained noodles with the Cooking Oil ((2-3) tsp) for 3 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Pan Fry the remaining portion of the drained noodles with the Cooking Oil ((7 -8) tsp) until it become slightly golden and crispy in a Kadai at medium flame. Switch off the flame. (As I don’t want to deep fry the noodles, I have pan fried it). Fried noodles are ready.
- Mix both the portions of the noodles together. Cooked noodles are ready.
- Sauté the grated Cabbage, chopped Onions, Carrot, Beans and Green peas with the Cooking Oil (1 tsp), Pepper powder (¼ tsp) and required Salt for 12 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame. Switch off the flame. Cooked Vegetables are ready.
- Add the Tomato sauce, soya sauce, Chilli sauce to the Corn flour. Mix it well. Add the Water (900 ml – 1200 ml) to it. Boil the mixture for (10- 12) minutes at medium flame.
- Add the Apple cider Vinegar to it and mix it well. Add the cooked Vegetables, Pepper powder (¾ tsp), Red Chilli powder, Ginger Garlic paste and required Salt to it. Mix it well. Boil the mixture for a minute at medium flame. Switch off the flame. Garnish with the chopped Spring Onions. Sauce is ready.
- Pour the prepared Sauce over the cooked noodles. Vegetable Chopsuey is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “SUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog for new updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.