Gujarati Dal Vada is a scrumptious and a crispy Gujarati snack. Gujarati Dal Vada is also known as ‘Pakoras’ or ‘Fritters’. This is a delectable appetizer which tastes crispy outside and very soft inside. It is a healthy delicious food prepared with Whole Green Moong dal, Green chillies, Ginger and few spices.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 7 -8 Vada
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Whole Green Moong dal – 1 cup (1 cup = 400ml)
- Ginger – an inch
- Green chillies – 4 (chopped)
- Heeng powder – ¾ coffee spoon
- Water – required
- Salt – required
- Cumin seeds –½ tsp
- Finely chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Finely chopped Curry leaves – 2 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves- 2 spoon
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying
- Soak the Green Moong dal in the required Water for 6 hours.
- Drain it and grind it with the Ginger (an inch), chopped Green chillies, very little Water and Heeng powder. The batter should be thick, smooth and fluffy.
- Add the required Salt, Cumin seeds, finely chopped Ginger, Pepper powder, finely chopped Curry leaves and Coriander leaves to the prepared batter. Vada batter is ready.
- Make Vada with the Vada batter using hands or use a greased plastic sheet (if the greased plastic sheet is used for preparing Vada, slide the Vada shaped batter gently into the cooking Oil for frying). Deep fry the Vada in the Cooking Oil, until they turn golden brown on both sides.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.