Spanish rice | spanish brown rice recipe is with detailed recipe. It is also known as स्पैनिश राइस in hindi language.
spanish rice description
Spanish rice is a simple, tasty, quick and delicious vegetarian (veg) rice dish prepared with rice, vegetables (carrot, capsicum, onion, tomato, beans, green peas and potato), curd, cinnamon, ginger & garlic paste and spices. It is a toothsome breakfast / lunch / dinner recipe.
This is one of the best and quick recipes for spanish rice. It can also be prepared very easily with the available ingredients at home. It can also be baked in oven. The cooked rice should be separate to make this recipe look dry and fluffy.
It is prepared with brown rice to add more fiber to this dish. Semi brown rice / brown rice is rich in proteins, magnesium and calcium. You can enjoy the nutritious semi brown rice without any compromise in taste as it tastes similar to the white rice. We can turn a leftover rice too to a yummy dish with this simple and quick recipe. Addition of vegetables is our preference. Including lot of vegetables in this dish makes it more healthy and colorful. Spanish rice from scratch is written below in hindi, tamil and english. This rice dish is prepared in indian style. You may like Spanish rice recipe with white rice.
In this homemade spanish rice recipe, the rice is cooked separately in a pressure cooker / rice cooker. Please make sure that the cooked rice should be separate and not mushy. Then, the red chillies, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste are sauteed and cooked along with onions and tomatoes. Later, the vegetables are added to it and cooked along with the spices. Then, the cooked rice is sauteed for few minutes. Later, it is garnished with grated cheese and tomato slices.
The addition of cheese and tomato slices adds flavor to this dish and makes this recipe tastes great. The preparation of spanish rice and mexican rice are different. The latter will be more spicy and it will be prepared with roasted rice.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
spanish brown rice recipe
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Semi brown rice / ब्राउन राइस / பிரவுன் ரைஸ் – 2 Cups (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 2 ½ cups (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Carrot / गाजर / கேரட்– 2 (finely chopped)
- Potato / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (big size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Beans / फलियां / பீன்ஸ் – 4 (finely chopped)
- Onion / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (medium size)– 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum / bell peppers / शिमला मिर्च / குடைமிளகாய் (medium size) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green peas / हरी मटर / பச்சை பட்டாணி – 1 tbsp
- Curd / दही / தயிர் – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – (¾- 1) tsp
- Cloves / लौंग / கிராம்பு – 9
- Black pepper / काली मिर्च / மிளகு – 13
- Cinnamon / दालचीनी / இலவங்கப்பட்டை– 5 ( each of 1 inch size)
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– (¾-1) tsp.
- Red chillies / लाल मिर्च / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் – 8
- Cooking oil / vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 tbsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Cheese / चीज़ / சீஸ் (grated) – 1 tbsp
- Tomato/ टमाटर / தக்காளி – 1 (slice it into circular pieces for garnishing)
- Cook the semi brown rice with required water (2 ½ cup) for 3 whistles. Spread the cooked semi brown rice on a plate.
- Grind the black pepper, cinnamon and cloves to a smooth powder. Ground powder is ready.
- Roast the red chillies with the cooking oil for a minute in a kadai at medium flame.
- Add the ginger garlic paste to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions to it and saute until it becomes pink and transparent.
- Add tomatoes to it and saute until it becomes soft.
- Then, add the curd, required salt, potatoes, capsicum, carrots, beans and green peas to it. Cook until all the vegetables get cooked well.
- Add the cooked rice to it. Add salt (required for rice), garam masala powder and ground powder to it. Mix it well.
- Cover the kadai with a lid for 3 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with the grated cottage cheese and tomato slices. (Note: I prefer eating raw tomatoes and I also don’t want to use much of cottage cheese. So, I have only garnished the spanish rice with raw tomatoes and minimal quantity of grated cottage cheese).
- Before switching off the flame, you can also cover the rice completely with more amount of tomato slices and grated cheese and cook it covered (close the kadai with a lid) for 8 more minutes or you can also bake the rice covered with grated cheese and tomato slices in an Oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 8 minutes and then serve.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!