Spanish rice | spanish rice recipe is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is also known as स्पैनिश राइस in hindi language.
spanish rice description
Spanish rice is a simple, tasty, quick and delicious vegetarian (veg) rice dish prepared with rice, vegetables (carrot, capsicum, onion, tomato, beans, green peas and potato), curd (yogurt), cinnamon, ginger & garlic paste and spices. It is a toothsome breakfast / lunch / dinner recipe.
This is one of the best and quick recipes for spanish rice. It can be prepared very easily with the available ingredients at home. It can also be baked in oven. The cooked rice should be separate to make this recipe look dry and fluffy.
The white long grain basmati rice used in this spanish rice recipe can also be replaced by brown rice to make it more nutritious and fiber rich. We can turn a leftover rice too to a yummy dish with this simple and quick recipe. Addition of vegetables is our preference. Including lot of vegetables in this dish makes it more healthy and colorful. Spanish rice from scratch is written below in hindi, tamil and english. This rice dish is prepared in indian style.
In this homemade spanish rice recipe, the rice is cooked separately in a pressure cooker / rice cooker. Please make sure that the cooked rice should be separate and not mushy. Then, the red chillies, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste are sauteed and cooked along with onions and tomatoes. Later, the vegetables are added to it and cooked along with the spices. Then, the cooked rice along with the saffron water is added to it and sauteed for few minutes. The saffron gives color and flavor to this tasty dish. Later, it is cook covered with grated cheese and tomato slices.
The addition of cheese, saffron and tomato slices makes this recipe tastes great. The preparation of spanish rice and mexican rice are different. The latter will be more spicy and it will be prepared with roasted rice. You may like our spanish brown rice.
Spanish rice with step by step video recipe (youtube) in hindi, tamil and english is below.
how to make spanish rice at home ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Spanish rice recipe
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
For cooking rice:
- Raw basmati rice / बासमती चावल / பாசுமதி அரிசி – 1 ¾ cup (where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Water (for soaking rice) / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 1 ½ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking oil / vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required for rice
- Water (for cooking rice) / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 2 ¼ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
For saffron water:
- Saffron strands / केसर / குங்குமப்பூ– 30
- Warm water / गरम पानी / சூடான தண்ணீர் – 75 ml
For cooking spanish rice:
- Cooking oil / vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 3 tbsp
- Red chillies / लाल मिर्च / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் – 5
- Cinnamon stick / दालचीनी / இலவங்கப்பட்டை – 4 inch
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– 1 tsp
- Onion / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (medium size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 3 (finely chopped)
- Carrot / गाजर / கேரட் (medium size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Potato / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (medium size) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Beans / फलियां / பீன்ஸ் (large size) – 4 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum / bell peppers / शिमला मिर्च / குடைமிளகாய் (medium size) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green peas / हरी मटर / பச்சை பட்டாணி – ¼ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Curd / दही / தயிர் – 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி– 1 tsp
- Pepper powder / काली मिर्च पाउडर / மிளகு தூள் – ½ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Cheese /mozzarella cheese / चीज़ / சீஸ் (grated) – 50 grams
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 2 (slice it into circular pieces for garnishing)
For cooking rice:
- Soak the basmati rice in water (1 ½ cup) for 20 minutes.
- Drain the excess water.
- Add cooking oil and salt (required for the rice) to it. Mix it well.
- Add water (2 ¼ cup) to it and pressure cook for 13 minutes with vent weight (whistle) at high flame. Note: The cooked rice should be separate (not be mushy).
For saffron water:
- Soak the saffron in warm water for 15 minutes. Saffron water is ready.
For spanish rice:
- Add cooking oil to a kadai.
- Saute the red chillies, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste in it for few seconds.
- Then, add the onions to it and sauté until the onions turns slightly golden (at high flame).
- Add tomatoes to it and saute until it becomes soft and mushy (high flame).
- Add potatoes, capsicum, carrot, beans, green peas, curd, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt (required for vegetables) to it.
- Sauté until the vegetables gets cooked well (the vegetables should be 95 % cooked – approx 5 minutes) (at high flame).
- Add the cooked rice and saffron water to it and mix it well.
- Cover the rice with cheese and tomato slices. Cook covered until the cheese melts at low flame (approx 6 minutes). Serve hot.