Badam milk | kesar badam milk recipe | almond milk recipe is with detailed video and photo recipe. Almond is called as बादाम in hindi language and பாதம் in tamil language. As saffrons and cashew nuts are included in the recipe, badam milk recipe can also be known as kesar badam milk recipe or badam kaju milk.
Badam milk description
Badam milk | kesar badam milk recipe | almond milk recipe is a easy, simple, delicious and tasty badam and Kesar flavoured milk prepared with almonds (badam), cashew nuts (Kaju), saffron, milk (doodh), cardamom powder (elaichi) and sugar. This delicious badam cashew milk can be prepared easily at home and it is a popular dessert/sweet in india. It is a famous food in both north indian and south indian cuisines.
This badam cashew milk/badam doodh recipe is a popular street food too. Here in this recipe, the almonds are first soaked in hot water and then their skins are peeled. The skin peeled almonds are ground along with cashew nuts and milk. Later, the ground paste is mixed with the boiled milk & saffron (kesar) and simmered for few minutes. The saffron which is included as one of the ingredients adds flavour to this tasty dish. You may like our cold coffee.
The milk is simmered for few minutes as it needs to be reduced a little in volume for making it as a thick badam milkshake. The milk solids which is formed (while boiling and stirring the milk) and stuck to the sides of the pan should be scrapped and added back to the boiling milk. It adds an extra taste to this quick badam milk recipe. Badam milkshake from scratch is written below. The preparation of badam milk is very easy as it requires only very few ingredients. It can be served both a hot and cold. Enjoy this delicious badam milk recipe at home.
Badam milk | kesar badam milk recipe | almond milk recipe with step by step video recipe (youtube) in hindi, tamil and english is below.
how to make badam milk at home ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Badam milk | kesar badam milk recipe | almond milk recipe
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
For soaking almonds
- Almonds / बादाम / பாதம் – 50
- Hot water / गर्म पानी / வெந்நீர் – 300 ml
- Cashew nuts / काजू / முந்திரி பருப்பு – 11
- Milk / दूध / பால் – 100 ml
For preparing saffron milk
- Saffron strands / केसर / குங்குமப்பூ இழைகள் – 40
- Warm milk / गरम दूध / சூடான பால் – 100 ml
For preparing badam milk
- Milk / दूध / பால் – 600 ml
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – 6 tbsp
- Cardamom powder / इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– 1/8 tsp
- Soak the saffron strands in warm milk (100 ml) for 30 minutes. Saffron milk is ready.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 45 minutes
- Peel the skin of the almonds.
- Grind the skin removed almonds with cashew nuts and milk (100 ml). The smooth paste is ready.
- Pour the milk in a kadai and stir it regular intervals at low flame until the milk reduces a little in volume(approximately 16 minutes at low flame)
- Scrap the sides of pan (as milk solids will be sticking to it) while stirring and mix the milk solids in the boiling milk.
- Add smooth paste and saffron milk to it. Mix and stir for 5 minutes.
- Then, add sugar and cardamom powder to it. Dissolve the sugar completely and turn off the flame. Serve hot or chilled. You may like our oreo shake.
The entire cooking should be done only in low flame.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!