Hotel chutney | side dish recipes for idli and dosa is with detailed video and photo recipe. Hotel style chutney is known as होटल चटनी in hindi language and ஹோட்டல் சட்னி in tamil language.
Hotel chutney description
Hotel chutney | side dish recipes for idli and dosa is a simple, easy, quick and delicious chutney prepared with onions, garlic cloves, tomatoes, coconut and spices. This is prepared in indian hotel style. This chutney is very famous in south India, especially in tamil nadu. It is also gaining popularity in north india too.
Hotel chutney recipe is an excellent easy and quick side dish for idli, dosa, uthappam, paniyaram, chapati, roti, etc,. It can also be made spicy by increasing the quantity of red chilli powder and garlic cloves. Thus, you can enjoy it as kara chutney too. Hotel chutney from scratch is written below in hindi, tamil and english.
Here in this hotel style chutney recipe, garlic cloves and onions are sauteed along with the spices in cooking oil and later tomatoes are added to it. At last, coconut powder is added to it and ground to a smooth chutney paste. It can also be eaten with plain rice. Enjoy this recipe at home.
Hotel chutney | side dish recipes for idli and dosa step by step video (youtube) is below in english, tamil and hindi.
how to make hotel chutney recipe ??
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Hotel chutney recipe
Cooking time: less than 20 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / सरसों के बीज / கடுகு– ½ tsp
- Hing powder/asafoetida / हिंग / பெருங்காயம் – ¼ tsp
- Red chillies / लाल मिर्च / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் – 5
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் (big size) – 1
- Garlic cloves / लहसुन लौंग / பூண்டு பற்கள் (medium size) – 12
- Onion / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (big size) – 3
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 5
- Red chilli powder/ लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் (kashmiri) – 2 tsp (if normal red chilli powder is used, please reduce quantity)
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Coconut (grated) (fresh/dry) / किसा हुआ नारियल / தேங்காய் துருவல் – 3 tsp
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 30 ml
- Sesame/gingelly oil / तिल के तेल / நல்லெண்ணெய் – ½ tsp
- Crackle the mustard seeds with cooking oil.
- Add hing powder, red chillies, green chillies and garlic cloves to it. Sauté until garlic cloves turn slightly golden.
- Add onions to it. Sauté until it becomes pink and transparent.
- Add tomato, red chilli powder and salt (required) to it. Sauté until tomatoes become soft.
- Add coconut to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Grind the mixture with little water (30 ml) to a smooth chutney.
- Add sesame/Gingelly oil it and mix it well. Serve.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!