Rava dosa | instant rava dosa mix | crispy rava dosa is with detailed video and photo recipe. Rava dosa is known as रवा डोसा / sooji dosa (सूजी का दोसा) in hindi language and ரவா தோசை in tamil language.
Rava dosa description
Rava dosa | instant rava dosa mix | crispy rava dosa is a simple, easy, tasty, delicious, thin and crispy vegetarian breakfast or dinner recipe. This tasty tiffin recipe is prepared with rava / sooji/semolina, maida, rice flour, whole wheat flour, curry leaves, cumin seeds and pepper. It is a popular south indian recipe especially in tamil nadu, south india. It is also famous in north indian cuisines. Tiffin sambar, hotel chutney, etc,. is an excellent side dish for this recipe.
This is one of the best and simple rava dosa recipe as it can be very easily prepared with the simple ingredients available at home. It is an instant recipe too. The procedure for preparing rava dosa instant mix is given below. The instant rava dosa mix can be stored in an airtight container for many days. Crispy rava dosa recipe from scratch is given below in hindi, english and tamil.
Here in this rava dosa recipe, the rava / sooji, rice flour, wheat flour, maida, cumin seeds and pepper are combined together. Later, the mixture is mixed with water and pour over a hot tawa to make a delicious rava dosa. You may like our masala dosa.
You can make rava dosa in two methods. Both the methods are explained below. In the first method, the ladle is used for pouring rava dosa batter over a hot tawa. In the second method, the batter is poured over a hot tawa using hands. The second method is generally followed in most restaurants/ hotel to make a tasty rava dosa recipe. Hot tawa and buttermilk consistency batter are the two factors that help in making the rava dosa porous. Enjoy this best ever crispy hotel style rava dosa at home.
Rava dosa | instant rava dosa mix | crispy rava dosa with step by step video (youtube) recipe in hindi, english and tamil is below.
how to make rava dosa at home ??
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Rava dosa | instant rava dosa mix | crispy rava dosa recipe
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
For instant rava dosa mix
- Rava / sooji / semolina / सूजी – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Rice flour / चावल का आटा / அரிசி மாவு – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- All purpose flour / maida / मैदा / மைதா – 1/8 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Whole wheat flour / गेहूं का आटा / கோதுமை மாவு – 1/8 cup
- Hing powder/asafoetida / हिंग / பெருங்காயம் – ¼ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – 1 tsp
- Black pepper (whole) / काली मिर्च / மிளகு – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves/ करी पत्ते / கறிவேப்பிலை – few
For preparing rava dosa
For 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml) of instant rava dosa mix
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 1 ¾ cup + ¼ cup (where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 3 tsp (for each dosa)
For instant rava dosa mix
- Mix the semolina (sooji/rava), rice flour, maida, whole wheat flour, hing powder and required salt.
- Crush the cumin seeds and whole pepper using mortar and pestle or pepper mill. Add the curry leaves, crushed cumin seeds and pepper to the above mixture. Mix it well (Note: the curry leaves should be dry and there should not be any moisture in it).
- The instant mix is ready. We can store it in an airtight container for many days (both inside and outside the refrigerator).
For preparing rava dosa
- For 1 cup instant mix, add water (1 ¾ cup) and rest the batter for 30 minutes.
- Mix it well as the rava/sooji will be settled down at the bottom while resting.
- Again, add ¼ cup of water to the batter (after resting) and bring it to buttermilk consistency.
- The consistency of the batter should be like buttermilk.
- Mix the batter well before preparing every dosa, else the rava / sooji will be settled down at the bottom.
- Add water to the batter to adjust the consistency (if required in between while preparing dosas). Please make sure that the batter should be of buttermilk consistency always.
For cooking rava dosa
- Heat the tawa at high flame (the tawa should be very hot before preparing dosa on it).
- Take the batter in a small/medium ladle and pour the batter on a hot tawa.
- Pour little cooking /vegetable oil in the holes and corners of the dosa to cook and make it crisp. The dosas should be cooked in low flame.
- Cook until it turns golden and crispy (the stage where you will be able to remove it easily from the tawa).
- It is enough if rava dosas are cooked on one side (If you wish, the dosas can also be cooked on both sides). Serve hot.
- Use your hands to pour the batter over a hot tawa.
- Cover the gaps and fill up the spaces as mentioned above. Serve hot.
Tips for easy preparation
- Please start pouring the batter from the edges and then moves towards the centre. Pour the batter quickly.
- Please don’t pour batter over the places which are already covered with batter.
- If there are any big gaps, fill it by pouring little batter.
- Please try to pour the batter in a circular motion.
- If the tawa is hot and the batter is of buttermilk consistency, the holes will appear automatically.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!