Gobi Musallam is a delectable North Indian Gravy prepared with the blanched Cauliflower, Khoya, Pumpkin seeds, Tomatoes, Onion and Spices. In this delicious gravy, the Cauliflower as a whole is first blanched and then cooked in creamy gravy. It tastes the best with Plain rice, Pulao, Roti, Phulka and Chapati.
Here, I have captured the picture of the Gobi Musallam just before serving it to my family. So, I have separated the florets from it.
Cooking time: 40 – 45 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Cauliflower – 1
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – ¾ tsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 ½ spoon
- Cooking Oil – 3 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ¾ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ¾ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – (½ – ¾) tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ¾ tsp
- Fresh cream – 1 ¾ tsp
- Khoya – 100gms
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Remove the stalks from the whole Cauliflower and boil it for (10- 15) minutes with the Turmeric powder (¼ tsp), Water ((3-4) cups (1 cup= 300 ml)) and required Salt.
- Grind the chopped Tomatoes with required Water to a thin puree. Tomato puree is ready.
- Soak the Pumpkin seeds with the Water (200 ml) for 10 minutes and grind to a puree. Pumpkin seed puree is ready.
- Sauté the finely chopped Onions with the Cooking Oil until it becomes slightly golden brown, in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the Ginger Garlic paste, Cumin powder, Red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder ((½- ¼ tsp), Garam Masala powder and required Salt to it. Mix it well. Stir the mixture for a minute.
- Add the prepared Tomato puree to it and cook for 4-6 minutes at low-medium flame.
- Then, add the prepared Pumpkin puree to it and cook for 4–6 minutes at low-medium flame.
- Add the Khoya to it and mix it well. Stir it for a minute.
- Add the whole boiled Cauliflower to it and close the Kadai with a lid for 12- 15 minutes at low flame.
- Top it with the Fresh cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes at low flame. Switch off the flame. Garnish with the chopped Coriander leaves. Gobi mussallam is ready to serve. Enjoy with Vegetable Pulao ( Please click the Vegetable Pulao for its recipe).
Please don’t forget to press the “SUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog for new updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.