Vegetable Pulao is a Spicy Rice based dish. This toothsome dish is prepared with Basmati Rice, Vegetables and Spices.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 cup= 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Water – required
- Carrot – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Green Capsicum – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Onion – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Cooking Oil – 2 spoon
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 7
- Bay leaves – 2
- Fennel Seeds – 1 coffee spoon
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Cashews – 7
- Raisins – 5
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Pulav Masala – ( ¾- 1) tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 spoon
- Salt – required
- Soak the Basmati Rice in Water for 20- 25 minutes and strain the Rice before cooking.
- Roast the strained Basmati Rice with the Cooking oil (1 spoon) in a Pressure Cooker for 2 minutes, at low flame. Then, cook it with Water (1 ½ cup) and required Salt for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame. Spread the cooked Rice over a plate for 3 minutes.
- Roast the Cardamoms, Cloves, Bay leaves, Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon sticks, Cashews and Raisins with the Cooking Oil (1 spoon) for 2 minutes, in a Kadai at low flame. Then, add the chopped Onions to it and roast until the Onions become pink and transparent.
- Add the chopped Green Capsicums and Carrots to it and Saute the until the vegetables get cooked. Sprinkle little Water over it. Add the required Salt, Garam Masala powder and Pulav Masala powder (½ tsp) to it and sauté the mixture for a minute at medium flame.
- Add the Cooked Basmati Rice to it and mix it well. Then, add the Pulav Masala (¼- ½ tsp) to it and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix well.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.