Vegetable pulao |veg pulao recipe simple | वेज पुलाव| வெஜிடபுள் புலாவ் is with detailed video and photo recipe. This is an easy pulao recipe in the pressure cooker. It is also known as veg pilaf rice / vegetable pilaf rice. veg pulav is called as वेज पुलाव in hindi and வெஜிடபுள் புலாவ் in tamil.
VEGETABLE (VEG) PULAO DESCRIPTION
Vegetable pulao | वेज पुलाव| வெஜிடபுள் புலாவ் is mildly spiced rice based dish prepared with rice, vegetables ( beans, carrot, green peas, potatoes, cauliflower, onions, etc,.), tofu (paneer/ cottage cheese) and spices. The fried paneer/tofu makes this pulav recipe more tasty and delicious. Veg pulao tastes the best with curd. Curd/yogurt is a simple and best side dish for it.
This is a simple and easy veg pulao rice which is cooked in pressure cooker. It can also be prepared in a kadai / pan as in restaurants. Long grain basmati rice is used to make it look delicious. The key point to remember while making pulao recipe is that the cooked rice should not be mushy. The amount of water added to the rice generally depends upon the quality and brand of rice we use. The number of whistles to be cooked in cooker also varies according to the size and quality of cooker. That is why I always prefer to mention the time that I have cooked in the cooker rather than mentioning the number of whistles. This healthy, simple and tasty veg pulao can also be prepared in the electric rice cooker or instapot (instant pot).
This white veg pulao is prepared using white rice. The white rice can very well be replaced by brown rice to make it more healthy and nutritious. The vegetables added to it is completely our preference. This recipe of veg pulao is written in tamil, hindi and english language. You may like our easy veg biryani.
This dish is actually prepared in OPOS (One pot One-shot) method. Please note that the paneer should be roasted separately and collected. It can also be roasted in the pressure cooker bottom and collected separately (prior to pulao cooking). But make sure that the roasted paneer should not be cooked along with the other ingredients in the pressure cooker. If it is cooked with rice and spices, it will turn soft/soggy (it will lose its crispness) as the paneer is soft. The crispness of the paneer adds extra taste to this tasty veg pulao rice.
There are differences between vegetable pulao and vegetable biryani as the latter requires more spices and method of cooking is also different. Tasty veg pulao side dishes are Gobi manchurian , Paneer butter masala . Enjoy this restaurant style veg pulao at home.
Vegetable pulao | वेज पुलाव| வெஜிடபுள் புலாவ் with step by step video recipe (Youtube) in tamil, hindi and english is below.
how to make vegetable pulao ??
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
vegetable pulao | वेज पुलाव| வெஜிடபுள் புலாவ் recipe
Cooking time: less than 25 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
For soaking rice
- Basamati rice / बासमती चावल / பாசுமதி அரிசி – 1 cup
- Water for soaking rice / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 300 ml
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 tbsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required for rice
For roasting paneer
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 ½ tbsp
- Paneer / Tofu/ Cottage cheese / – 200 grams
For preparing veg pulao
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 3 ¼ tbsp
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – 1 tsp
- Black pepper / काली मिर्च / மிளகு – ¾ tsp
- Star anise / चक्र फूल / அன்னாசிப் பூ– 3
- Cinnamon / दालचीनी / இலவங்கப்பட்டை– 3 inch
- Cloves / लौंग / கிராம்பு – 12
- Cardamom / इलायची / ஏலக்காய் – 5
- Bay leaves / तेज पत्ता / பிரியாணி இலை – 2
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– 1 ¼ tsp
- Cashewnuts / काजू / முந்திரி பருப்பு / – 8
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் (large size) – 3 (slit)
- Onions / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (large size) – 3 (sliced)
- Cauliflower / गोभी / காலிஃபிளவர் – 1 cup
- Green peas / हरी मटर / பச்சை பட்டாணி – ¾ cup
- Beans / फलियां / பீன்ஸ் – 8 (chopped)
- Potato / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு(big size) – 1 (chopped)
- Carrot / गाजर / கேரட் (large size) – 1 (chopped)
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – 2 ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder / जायफल / ஜாதிக்காய் – ¼ tsp
- Lemon / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை (medium size) – ½
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required (for vegetables)
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் / – 1 ¾ cup
- Mint leaves / पुदीना / புதினா – few
For soaking rice:
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water. Add cooking oil (2 tbsp) and salt (required for rice) to it. Mix it well.
For preparing roasted paneer:
- Roast the paneer until it turns slightly golden brown in the cooking oil (2 ½ tbsp) (in a kadai at low- medium flame).
For preparing rice:
- Sauté the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds, black pepper, bay leaves, green chillies and cashew nuts in the cooking oil until the cashew nuts turn slightly brown.
- Add onions (sliced) to it and sauté until onions become pink and transparent.
- Add carrots, beans, green peas, cauliflower, potato, garam masala powder, nutmeg powder and salt (required for vegetables) to it and sauté for 3-4 minutes at high flame.
- Then, add the soaked basmati rice, water ( 1 ¾ cup) and lemon juice to it and mix it well.
- Pressure cook at low flame for 14-15 minutes (with vent weight/ whistle). Turn off the flame (Note: The cooked rice should be separate). Add the roasted paneer and mint leaves to it. Mix it well. Serve hot. You may also like our veg fried rice, gobi manchurian.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below. Share it with your friends and family.
6 thoughts on “Vegetable pulao | veg pulao recipe simple | Sreelakshmikitchen”
Cooking biryani/pulao in a pressure cooker is so convenient! Liked your way of doing it.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much !! Very happy that you like it 🙂 Please try it, it will be very yummy 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂 Please try it, it will be very tasty 🙂
Yummy……. wow it’s amazing http://www.shibasram.org.in
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much.. Please try it, it will be tasty 🙂