Tirunelveli Sodhi Kuzhambu is a delicious Vegetable Stew prepared with Carrots, Potatoes, Green peas, Coconut milk, Moong dal, Garlic cloves, Onions and Raisins. This mouth-watering Side dish is also called as Mapillai Sodhi. It is an excellent Side dish for Appam, Idiyappam and Idli.
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
1 cup = 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Chopped Carrots – ½ cup
- Chopped Potatoes – ¼ cup
- Peeled Green peas – 3 tsp
- Chopped Onions – less than ¼ cup
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Cooking Oil – 2 spoon
- Thick Coconut milk – slightly more than ½ cup
- Thin Coconut milk – slightly more than ¼ cup
- Ginger – an inch piece
- Green chillies – 5
- Moong dhal – ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Salt – required
- Lemon juice – ¾ tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Raisins– 15
- Cook the Moong dal with the Turmeric powder, required Salt and Water for 4 whistles in a Pressure Cooker. Mash the cooked Moong dal.
- Grind the Green Chillies and Ginger with little Water to a smooth paste. Ginger Chilli paste is ready.
- Roast the Chopped Onions with the Cooking Oil until it turns pink and transparent, in a Kadai at low flame.
- Add the Garlic Cloves to it and fry until it turns slightly brown.
- Add the prepared Ginger Chilli paste to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add the Peeled Green peas, chopped Carrots, Potatoes to it and roast for 5 minutes at low- medium flame. Sprinkle Water if required.
- Add the thin Coconut milk to it and boil the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the mashed Moong dal to it and stir it for a minute.
- Add the thick Coconut Milk and required Salt to it. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to it and mix it well. Finally, add the chopped Coriander leaves and Raisins to it. Mix it well.Tirunelveli Sodhi Kuzhambu is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.