Akki Roti is a delicious Rice based dish prepared with Rice flour, Onions, Carrots, Ginger, Green Chillies, Coriander leaves and Cumin seeds. This tasty dish is easily prepared in a short duration. Tomato/Onion Chutney is an apt Side dish for this scrumptious dish.
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
Yields: 6-7 Rotis
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Rice flour – 1 cup (1 cup = 400 ml)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (grated)
- Ginger – an inch (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 spoon (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 6 tsp
- Water – required
- Add the grated Carrots, chopped Onions, Ginger, Green Chillies, Coriander leaves, Cumin seeds and required Salt to the Rice flour.
- Add the required Water to it and knead into soft dough.
- Make equal sized balls with the dough.
- Pat each ball to a thin Rice flour sheet over a greased Aluminium foil/plantain leaf (grease the Aluminium foil/Plantain leaf with the Cooking Oil (1 tsp) and dip the hand in a bowl of Water while patting to avoid cracks).
- Cook each Rice flour sheet with the Cooking Oil (6 tsp) until it turns golden brown on both sides, in a greased Tawa at low – medium flame.( Turn the Aluminium foil sheet upside down over the Tawa and peel the thin Rice flour sheet gently and drop it over the greased Tawa). Akki Roti is ready. Enjoy with Tomato Kara Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.