Wheat Usili is a healthy breakfast prepared with Whole Wheat flour and Spices. Any Gravy or Chutney is an excellent Side dish for it.
Cooking time: 20- 25 minutes
1 cup = 500 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Whole Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3 spoon
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Chana dal – ¼ cup
- Red Chilli – 3
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Heeng powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – required
- Cooking Oil – 3 tsp
- Add the Rice flour, required Salt and Water to the Whole Wheat flour and knead it into dough.
- Make equal sized small balls with the dough. Steam cook the prepared balls in the Idli Cooker. Whole Wheat balls are ready.
- Soak the Chana dal and Urad dal in Water for 30 minutes. Strain the mixture.
- Add the Red Chillies, required Salt and very little Water to the mixture and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Roast the coarse paste with the Cooking Oil (2 tbsp) for 2 minutes, in a Kadai at low flame. Close the Kadai with a lid and steam cook the coarse paste until it gets cooked well. Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 6 minutes. Grind it to a coarse Dal mixture.
- Roast the Mustard Seeds with the Cooking Oil (1 tbsp) until it crackles, in a Kadai at low flame. Add the Heeng powder, prepared Coarse Dal mixture and Whole Wheat balls to it and mix it well.
- Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes at low flame and then, add the chopped Coriander leaves to it. Mix it well. Switch off the flame. Enjoy with Tomato Tambli or Tomato Kara Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.