Vegetable Jalfrezi is a semi dry mild Vegetable curry prepared with Onions, Potatoes, Spring Onions, Green peas, Carrot, Tomatoes, Ginger, Sugar, Tomato sauce and Spices. This is a delicious Restaurant style dish which can be easily prepared with the simple ingredients at home in a short span of time. It is an excellent side dish for Plain rice, Roti, Variety rice, Chapati and Phulka. Enjoy the taste of the restaurant style dish at your home with this simple recipe.
Cooking time: 18– 20 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Small Onions – 2 (chopped)
- Green chilli – 3 (chopped)
- Ghee – ¾ spoon
- Medium sized potato – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Spring onions – 3 to 4 spoons (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 spoons (chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Small tomato – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Green peas – 3- 4 spoons
- Tomato sauce – 3 spoons
- Ginger – 2 pieces (each of an inch size) (chopped)
- Salt – required
- Water – 60 to 70 ml and close the lid
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – slightly less than ¼ coffee spoon
- Fry the chopped Onions with the Ghee for 4-5 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes, Green Chillies, Ginger and Coriander leaves to it. Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the chopped Carrot, Potatoes, Green peas, Spring Onions, Chilli powder, Sugar, required Salt and Water (60-70 ml) to it. Sauté the mixture for (2-3) minutes and close the kadai with a lid for 12-15 minutes at low- medium flame. Switch off the flame. Vegetable Jalfrezi is ready to serve.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog or like my Facebook Page “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” or Twitter page @sreeskitchen for updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.