Rabdi is a dessert prepared by boiling creamy milk for a long time, until it gets thickened whereas this Low fat Instant Thick Rabdi can be easily prepared in 9 minutes with the simple ingredients. This mouth-watering dessert is low in fat compared to the creamy Rabdi. No need to stir milk for a long time. Here is an Instant Thick non creamy Rabdi recipe which you can enjoy.
Cooking time: 9-10 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Boiled Milk (Toned Milk) – 450ml
- Whole Wheat Bread slices (small to medium size) – 6 slices
- Cardamom powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Saffron strands – 10 and few for Garnishing
- Sugar – (8 ½- 9 ½) tsp
- Almonds – few for garnishing
- Raisins – 1 tbsp for Garnishing
- Remove the crust from the Whole Wheat bread slices. Cut the Whole Wheat bread slices into pieces and grind it to a smooth powder. Bread crumbs are ready.
- Boil the boiled Milk in the Kadai for (4-5) minutes at medium flame (Stir the milk at equal intervals).
- Add the Sugar, Cardamom powder, Saffron strands, prepared bread crumbs to it and stir the mixture at frequent intervals for (4-5) minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes and refrigerate it for more than an hour. Tasty Instant Rabdi is ready to serve. Garnish with Raisins and Saffron strands.
As I love eating it thick, I have prepared it in a thick consistency. You can also prepare it in your desired consistency either by changing the quantity of Boiled milk or bread slices. But, the Cooking time may differ.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog or like my Facebook Page “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” or Twitter page @sreeskitchen for updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.