Quick bread rabri | how to make rabri with bread is with detailed recipe. Rabri recipe is known as रबड़ी in hindi language and ரப்ரி in tamil language.
Quick bread rabri | how to make rabri with bread is a simple, tasty, quick and delicious dessert prepared with bread, milk and sugar. Usually rabdi / rabri is prepared by boiling milk for a long time, until it gets thickened whereas this low fat instant thick rabdi can be easily prepared in 9 minutes with the simple ingredients available at home. This mouth-watering dessert is low in fat too compared to the normal rabdi. No need to stir milk for a long time. Here is an instant thick rabdi/ rabri recipe from scratch explaining the step by step procedure. Enjoy this quick bread rabri at home.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Cooking time: 9-10 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Boiled milk / दूध / பால் – 450 ml
- Bread slices / रोटी / ரொட்டி (small to medium size) – 6 slices
- Cardamom powder / इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands / केसर / குங்குமப்பூ– 10 and few for garnishing
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – (3-4) tbsp
- Almonds / बादाम / பாதாம் – few for garnishing
- Raisins / किशमिश / உலர்ந்த திராட்சைகள் – 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Remove the crust from the bread slices. Cut the bread slices into pieces and grind it to a smooth powder. Bread crumbs are ready.
- Boil the boiled milk in the kadai for (4-5) minutes at medium flame (stir the milk at equal intervals).
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, saffron strands, prepared bread crumbs to it and stir the mixture at frequent intervals for (4-5) minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes and refrigerate it for more than an hour. Tasty instant rabdi is ready to serve. Garnish with raisins and saffron strands.
Note: As I love eating it thick, I have prepared it in a thick consistency. You can also prepare it in your desired consistency either by changing the quantity of boiled milk or bread slices. But, the cooking time may differ.