Palak paneer is a scrumptious side dish prepared with palak, paneer (Tofu), etc., which serves as excellent side dish for rice, roti, chapati, etc,.
Video recipe of Palak paneer (Spinach Paneer/Tofu/Cottage cheese) Gravy is below:
Serves: 4 to 5
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp + 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 12
- Onion – 2 big size (largely chopped) + 2 medium size (finely chopped)
- Palak (Spinach) – 1 kg (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 4 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 ¾ inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 20
- Tomato (small size) – 2 (chopped)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese/Tofu) – 180 grams ( Equal cut square pieces) + 20 grams grated (for garnishing)
- Water – 200 ml
- Dried fenugreek/Kasuri methi leaves (optional) – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon (small size) – ½
- Boil water (sufficient quantity) until tiny bubbles formed.
- Add the palak to it and immerse (blanch) in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Drain the water from the Palak and add the palak to the cold water (Take enough quantity of water and add Ice cubes to it).
- Soak the Palak in cold water for 3-5 minutes.
- Roast the Cashewnuts, Green chillies, Garlic cloves, Ginger and Onions (2- big size)(largely chopped) with the Cooking Oil (2 tbsp) for 3 minutes (until Onions become pink and transparent), in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add Tomatoes to it and mix it well.
- Close the mixture (Cook covered) for 3 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Add the required Water (200 ml) and black salt to the palak and cooked mixture. Grind it to a thick puree. Palak Puree is ready.
- Cut the paneer/Tofu/Cottage cheese into square pieces and roast with the cooking oil until it turns slightly golden.
- Roast the Paneer with the cooking oil (3 tbsp) for 4 minutes at medium flame (until it turns slightly golden brown). Remove the roasted Paneer/Tofu pieces from the oil.
- Roast the Onions (2 medium size- finely chopped), Dried fenugreek leaves (optional), Turmeric powder, Cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and Garam masala powder and required salt in the same cooking oil at medium flame. Saute until onions become pink and transparent.
- Add the prepared Palak puree and roasted paneer/Tofu/Cottage cheese pieces to it. Mix it gently. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes at medium flame. Turn off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon over it. Mix it well.
- Grate paneer/Tofu (20 grams) over it.
Click the link below and click the subscribe (red) button for free subscription to “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” Youtube Channel for more new recipes and videos