Aloo ki Sabzi /Potato curry is a healthy side dish prepared with boiled potatoes. It serves as a excellent side dish for variety rice, fried rice, chapati, roti, pulav, bread, etc,.
This is a very healthy and tasty side dish as it is prepared with pressure cooked/boiled Potatoes/Aloo. While pressure cooking/boiling, the starch in the potatoes will turn to a resistant starch and is equivalent to a fiber. So, it is helpful in lowering bad cholesterol and fat. The combination of boiled potatoes, lemon, ginger aids in digestion too. It is healthy and good for people of all ages.
Video recipe of Aloo ki sabzi (sabji)||Potato curry below:
Cooking time: less than 20 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Potatoes (small size) – 12
- Water for pressure cooking potatoes – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking oil – (3-4) tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 6 (chopped) (optional)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 or as per requirement (chopped)
- Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/8 tsp
- Lemon (medium size) – ½
- Salt – required
- Pressure cook the potatoes with water and required salt for 10-11 minutes with vent weight at high flame in a pressure cooker (The number of whistles varies with the size of cooker. It has been cooked for 8-9 whistles in stainless steel 5 litre cooker. The potatoes can also be steam cooked).
- Mash the Pressure cooked/steam cooked potatoes.
- Crackle the mustard seeds in the cooking oil (in a Kadai at medium flame).
- Add urad dal, channa dal, Cashewnuts, cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, pepper powder and red chilli powder to it.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the mashed potatoes to it. Mix it well. Cook for 2-3 minutes at medium flame. Turn off the flame.
- Add coriander leaves and squeeze lemon over it. Mix it well. Serve hot.
Subscribe to “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” Youtube channel for more video recipes. To subscribe, click the link below and click the red colour (Subscribe) button.