Doodh peda/Kesar peda/Milk peda is a delicious sweet prepared with milk. This is an instant recipe which can be made in a short duration of time.
Video recipe of Doodh peda/Kesar peda/Milk peda below:
Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Ghee – 1 tsp + 1 tsp + little for greasing
- Milk powder – 340 grams
- Condensed milk – 400 grams
- Milk (warm) – ¼ cup ( 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Saffron strands – (30-35)
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- Pistachios – 23
- Add the saffron strands to warm milk. Mix it well and allow it to dissolve for 15 minutes.
- Roast the milk powder in Ghee (1 tsp) (Mix the milk powder with ghee) for 2 minutes in a Kadai at low flame (Keep on mixing else the milk powder may get burnt at the bottom. Don’t roast it more than 2-3 minutes, else the milk powder may change colour. The colour of the milk powder should not change).
- Add the condensed milk and saffron soaked milk to it. Mix it well (make sure that there are no lumps).
- Keep stirring/Mixing the mixture at low flame until the mixture starts becoming non sticky (It will take 5-6 minutes to become non-sticky. Keep stirring continuously else the mixture may get burnt at the bottom).
- Add Nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and Ghee (1 tsp) to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature for 5-6 minutes until it becomes warm and touchable (Make balls with the mixture, when it is warm. Don’t allow the mixture to dry for a long time, then it will be very difficult to shape it).
- Grease your hands with little Ghee.
- Make small balls with the mixture and shape it to a peda and garnish with Pistachios at the center.
- Serve immediately else store it in an airtight container inside the refrigerator for 3-4 hours (allow it to set). Take it out from the refrigerator and allow it to stay at room temperature for an hour. Then, serve the delicious Kesar/Doodh/Milk peda.
Subscribe for free to “Sreelakshmi Kitchen” Youtube channel for more video recipes: