Jeera Milagu Rice (Cumin Pepper Rice) is a Rice based dish prepared with Cumin seeds, Whole pepper, Ghee, Onion, Cinnamon stick, Bay leaves and Sesame Oil (Gingelly Oil). This is a perfect dish for winter. This tasty dish aids in digestion and improves the Immunity. It is an easy Lunchbox recipe too. This rice tastes the best when it is consumed hot. Here is the simple recipe of it. Enjoy with Hotel Style Paneer Palak (Easy Method).
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Raw Rice (Hand pounded/White rice) – slightly less than 1 cup (1cup = 300ml)
- Water – required
- Ghee – ¾ spoon
- Sesame Oil/Gingelly Oil – (1- 1 ¼) tsp
- Cumin seeds – 3 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Small sized Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2 (crushed)
- Cinnamon stick – 1 (2 inch)
- Pepper powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Cook the Rice separately in the pressure cooker. The rice should be separate. I have used Hand pounded Rice for preparing this dish. For slightly less than 1 cup (1 cup= 300 ml) of Hand pounded rice, I have used slightly less than 1 ½ cup (1 cup= 300 ml) of Water and cooked the rice for 4 whistles in 5.5 litres Aluminium pressure cooker. If you are using New White Rice, add 2 ½ cup of water for cooking it. If you are using Old White Rice, add 3 cup of Water for cooking it.
- Spread the cooked rice over a plate for 2 minutes.
- Roast the cinnamon stick, Cumin seeds, Black pepper and Bay leaves with the Ghee (½ spoon) for 2 minutes, in a Kadai at medium-high flame.
- Add the chopped Onions to it and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked Rice to it and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the pepper powder to it and mix it well. Add the sesame oil/Gingelly Oil to it and mix it well. Close the Kadai with the lid for 40 seconds. Switch off the flame. Hot Jeera Pepper rice is ready to serve. Enjoy with Hotel Style Paneer Palak (Easy Method).
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and give your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.