Bombay Chutney is a tasty Side dish for Poori, Roti, Chapati, Dosa and Idly. This delicious chutney can be easily prepared with Onions, Tomato, Green Chilli, Besan flour, Lemon juice, Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Lemon juice and Turmeric powder. It tastes similar to Poori Masala. Here is the simple recipe of it. Enjoy with Instant and crispy Sooji Cheela (Without Curd and Fermentation).
It is a Side dish for Poori/Dosa/Idli/Plain rice/Chapati/Roti
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Onion – 4 (Chopped Lengthwise)
- Tomato small – 2 (1 finely chopped and 1 chopped length wise)
- Green Chilli – 6 (Chopped Lengthwise)
- Besan flour – 3 ¾ spoon
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Chopped Curry leaves – for garnishing
- Chopped Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Mustard seeds – ¾ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ coffee spoon
- Mix the Besan flour with (30-40) ml of Water. Mix it well such that no lumps should be formed. Add the required Salt to it and mix it well. Besan flour paste is ready to use.
- Roast the Mustard seeds in the cooking Oil until it crackles in a Kadai at medium-high flame (I have used non-stick kadai).
- Then add the Urad dal to it and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped Onions to it and sauté until it becomes pink and transparent. Add the required Salt while sautéing Onions (It took 3-4 minutes for the Onions to become pink and transparent).
- Then, add the chopped Green chillies to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes to it. Sauté the mixture for (3-4) minutes.
- Add the prepared Besan flour paste to it and mix it well. Cook it for a minute.
- Add the Turmeric powder to it. Mix it well.
- Add Water (70 -80 ml) of Water to it and mix it well. Cook until the mixture becomes thick (It took 5-6 minutes to become thick). Switch off the flame.
- Then, add the Lemon juice to it and mix it well. Garnish with the chopped Coriander leaves and Curry leaves (optional) and mix it well. Bombay chutney is ready to serve. Enjoy with Instant and crispy Sooji Cheela (Without Curd and Fermentation) or Proso millet stuffed Idli or Foxtail millet Idli (Thinai Idli).
Please enter your Email address and click the “Subscribe/Follow” button to receive the Updates/New recipes in your Email inbox directly. Please find the Subscribe/Follow button of our blog/Website in the Sidebar/Bottom of each Post/Page.
You can also follow us on Facebook Page (Sreelakshmi Kitchen), Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).