Bombay chutney | besan flour chutney | kadalai maavu chutney | gram flour chutney is with detailed recipe. Besan flour is known as கடலை மாவு in tamil language and बेसन आटा in hindi language.
bombay chutney description
Bombay chutney | besan flour chutney | kadalai maavu chutney | gram flour chutney is a easy, simple and tasty side dish for poori / puri, chapathi, roti, dosa and idli. This easy and tasty besan flour chutney is prepared with onions, tomatoes, green chilli, besan flour, lemon, turmeric powder, etc,.
The bombay chutney recipe from scratch is written below (in hindi, english and tamil). It tastes similar to puri / poori masala. It is a very simple chutney which can be easily prepared in a short span of time. Besan flour chutney is a popular in both north indian cuisine and south indian cuisine. You may like our potato dhariwala.
In this bombay chutney, the besan flour is first dissolved in water. Then, it is cooked along with onions, tomatoes, green chillies and spices. Enjoy this mouthwatering gram flour chutney at home.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
how to make bombay chutney ???
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Onion / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (medium size) – 4 (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (small) – 2 (1 finely chopped and 1 chopped length wise)
- Green chilli / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் – 6 (chopped lengthwise)
- Besan flour / gram flour / बेसन आटा / கடலை மாவு- 3 ¾ spoon
- Cooking oil / vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை- for garnishing
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – for garnishing
- Mustard seeds / सरसों के बीज / கடுகு – ¾ tsp
- Urad dal / उड़द की दाल / உளுத்தம் பருப்பு – 1 tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – 1/8 tsp
- Mix the besan flour with water (little). Mix it well such that no lumps should be formed. Add the required Salt to it and mix it well. Besan flour paste is ready to use.
- Roast the mustard seeds in the cooking oil until it crackles in a kadai at medium-high flame.
- Then add the urad dal to it and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions to it and sauté until it becomes pink and transparent (add the required salt while sauteing onions).
- Then, add the chopped green chillies to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to it. Sauté the mixture until tomatoes become soft.
- Add the prepared besan flour paste to it and mix it well. Cook until it dissolves.
- Add the turmeric powder to it. Mix it well.
- Add (80 – 100 ml) of water to it and mix it well. Cook until the mixture becomes thick (It took 5-6 minutes to become thick). Turn off the flame.
- Then, add the lemon juice to it and mix it well. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves (optional) and mix it well. Bombay chutney is ready to serve.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!