Bombay chutney / Besan flour chutney is a scrumptious side dish for rice, chapathi, roti, poori, idli, dosa, etc,.
Free Subscription to www.youtube.com/c/SreelakshmiKitchen for more exciting video recipes.
serves : 4-5
cooking time: within 10 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Besan flour – 2 ½ tbsp
- Water for dissolving besan flour – 1 cup (300ml)
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – few (chopped)
- Onion (medium size) – 2 (sliced)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Tomato (big size) – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Green Chilli – 7 (slit)
- Lemon (small size) – ½
- Salt – required
- Coriander leaves – few (for garnishing)
- Mix the besan flour with water (without any lumps). Besan water is ready.
- Saute the mustard seeds, urad dal, Green chillies, curry leaves and onions using cooking oil in a kadai at medium flame (Sauté until onions become transparent).
- Add the chopped Tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder and required salt to it. Cook covered until tomatoes become soft (close it with a lid for 3 minutes at medium flame).
- Add the besan water to it and cook covered for 2-3 minutes at medium flame (close it with a lid).
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Then, add the Lemon juice to it and mix it well. Serve hot. Enjoy with Masala Dosa recipe | Masala dosa recipe using ordinary dosa batter |Aloo stuffed dosa