Chilli bread is a scrumptious and easy snack prepared with bread.
Video recipe of Chilli bread
Free subscription to www.youtube.com/c/SreelakshmiKitchen for more video recipes
cooking time : less than 20 minutes
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Bread slices – 8
- Cumin seeds / jeera / jeeragam – ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves / lahasun / poondu – 20 (finely chopped)
- Ginger / adarak / inji- 1 ½ (finely chopped)
- Green chillies / haree mirch / pachai milagai – 4 (finely chopped)
- Onions / pyaj / vengayam (medium size) – 2 (sliced)
- Tomato sauce / tamatar sauce / thakkali sauce – 3 ¼ tbsp
- Red chilli powder / lal mirch powder / sigappu milagai podi – ½ tsp
- Soya sauce – ¾ tbsp
- Turmeric powder / haldi powder / Manjal thool – ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Coriander leaves – garnishing
- Toast the bread in tawa using little cooking oil.
- Cut the toasted bread into squared pieces.
- Add cooking oil to a kadai.
- Add the cumin seeds, garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies and onions to it. Sauté until onions become transparent.
- Then, add the tomato sauce, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, soya sauce, garam masala powder and required salt to it. Mix it well.
- Add the roasted squared bread pieces. Give a sauté and close it with a lid for 2 minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.