Chilli bread | bread chilli recipe is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is known as பிரட் சில்லி in tamil language and चिली ब्रेड in hindi language.
Chilli bread | bread chilli recipe is a simple, easy, tasty and scrumptious snack prepared with bread. This is a quick snack which can be prepared in a short span of time.
Any type of bread such as white, sweet, brown or multigrain bread can be used to prepare this toothsome dish. Here in this bread snack recipe, the roasted bread pieces are sauteed with the spices and sauces for few minutes. Then, it is garnished with coriander leaves and served hot. It is one of the simple snacks which will be loved by people of all ages. Here is the simple recipe to enjoy bread chilli at home.
Chilli bread | bread chilli recipe with step by step video recipe (Youtube) is below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Recipe of bread chilli
cooking time : less than 20 minutes
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Bread slices – 8
- Cumin seeds / jeera / jeeragam – ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves / lahasun / poondu – 20 (finely chopped)
- Ginger / adarak / inji- 1 ½ (finely chopped)
- Green chillies / haree mirch / pachai milagai – 4 (finely chopped)
- Onions / pyaj / vengayam (medium size) – 2 (sliced)
- Tomato sauce / tamatar sauce / thakkali sauce – 3 ¼ tbsp
- Red chilli powder / lal mirch powder / sigappu milagai podi – ½ tsp
- Soya sauce – ¾ tbsp
- Turmeric powder / haldi powder / Manjal thool – ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – required
- Coriander leaves – garnishing
- Toast the bread in tawa using little cooking oil.
- Cut the toasted bread into squared pieces.
- Add cooking oil to a kadai.
- Add the cumin seeds, garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies and onions to it. Sauté until onions become transparent.
- Then, add the tomato sauce, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, soya sauce, garam masala powder and required salt to it. Mix it well.
- Add the roasted squared bread pieces. Give a sauté and close it with a lid for 2 minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!