Bread Potato Curry (Bread Aloo Sabzi) is a delicious Side dish for Rice, Chapati and Roti. The Combination of Bread and Potato gives a unique taste to this toothsome dish. This scrumptious dish is prepared with the freshly ground Spices which adds a unique aroma. Here is the simple recipe of it.
Cooking time: 6-7 minutes for cooking Potatoes
16 – 18 minutes for cooking the Bread Potato Curry/Bread Aloo Sabzi
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Potato – 5
- Large sized Onions – 2 (Chopped)
- Pepper powder – slightly less than ¼ coffee spoon
- Red Chilli powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Sabzi/Garam masala – ¼ coffee spoon
- Dry Chillies – 5-6
- Chana dal – 1 ½ tsp
- Toor dal – 1 ½ tsp
- Heeng powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Urad dal – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Bread/Whole wheat bread slices – 4 (cut it into equally squared Bread pieces)
- Cooking oil – 8 ½ spoon
- Mustard seeds – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – very little
- Cook the peeled Whole Potatoes with the Turmeric powder, required Salt and Water (¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)) for 5-6 whistles in a pressure cooker at high flame (I have used 5 litre pressure cooker). Switch off the flame.
- If there is any water remaining in the pressure cooker after cooking the Potatoes, Kindly drain it. Chop the cooked potatoes.
- Roast the Dry Chilli, Chana dal, Urad dal, Toor dal and Heeng powder with the Cooking oil (1 ½ spoon) for 3 minutes in a Kadai at medium flame (I have used non-stick Kadai for roasting it). Switch off the flame.
- Grind the roasted mixture to a smooth powder with required Salt. Ground powder is ready to use.
- Roast the Mustard seeds with the Cooking Oil (2 spoon) until it crackles in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the chopped Onions and required Salt to it. Sauté until the Onions becomes pink and transparent.
- Then, add the squared Bread pieces, Pepper powder (slightly less than ¼ coffee spoon), required Salt and Cooking Oil (3 spoons) to it and sauté until the bread pieces gets roasted well (It took 7-8 minutes to roast in a non-stick Kadai).
- Add the chopped Cooked potatoes, prepared Ground powder and Cooking Oil (2 spoons) to it and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the Red Chilli powder and Sabzi masala to it. Mix it well.
- Close the Kadai with a lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped Curry leaves. Hot Bread Potato Curry (Bread Aloo Sabzi) is ready to serve.
Please enter your Email address and click the “Subscribe/Follow” button to receive the Updates/New recipes in your Email inbox directly. Please find the Subscribe/Follow button of our blog/Website in the Sidebar/Bottom of each Post/Page.
You can also follow us on Facebook Page (Sreelakshmi Kitchen), Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).