Aloo tikki recipe | oats potato tikki is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is also known as आलू टिक्की in hindi language and ஆலு டிக்கி in tamil language.
Aloo tikki recipe is a tasty, simple and easy shallow fried-snack prepared with mashed potatoes and spices. It is a famous north indian chaat. It is also a popular south indian snack. Generally, aloo tikki will be prepared with bread crumbs to give crispiness. Here, the speciality of this recipe is that it is prepared with oats crumbs, thus makes it crispy and more healthy.
Here in this recipe, the boiled/steam cooked potatoes are mixed with the spices, and shaped to a tikki. Then, it is shallow fried in cooking oil. Enjoy this potato tikki at home.
aloo tikki recipe step by step video recipe (youtube) is below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Aloo tikki recipe | oats potato tikki
Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
- Potatoes / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (large size) – 5
- Green chillies/ हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – few (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder / लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – 1/8 tsp (heap)
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – ¾ tsp
- Mango (amchur) powder / आमचूर पाउडर / உலர்ந்த மாம்பழ தூள் – 1/8 tsp
- Dry ginger powder / सूखा अदरक पाउडर / உலர் இஞ்சி பவுடர் – 1/8 tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு (required) – required
- Pepper powder / काली मिर्च पाउडर / மிளகு தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Oats / ओट्स / ஓட்ஸ் – ½ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – for greasing
- Grind the oats to a coarse powder. Oats crumbs (coarse powder) are ready.
- Steam cook / boil the potatoes. Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add the oats coarse powder, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, mango (amchur) powder, ginger powder, pepper powder, salt (required) and coriander leaves to the mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
- Take a medium size ball from the mixture and flatten it into a round shaped tikki.
- Grease the tikki with little cooking oil.
- Cook (roast) the tikki until it turns golden brown on both sides in a greased tawa at medium flame. Turn off the flame. Hot aloo tikki is ready to serve. You may like our pav bhaji recipe.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!