Aloo paratha recipe easy (in 2 ways) | how to make aloo paratha recipe is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is also known as आलू पराठा in hindi language and ஆலு பராட்டா in tamil language.
Aloo paratha is an easy, simple, tasty and delicious breakfast/lunch or dinner recipe prepared with whole wheat flour and potatoes. It is a nutritious dish as it is prepared with whole wheat flour and boiled potatoes. It is a popular dish in north indian cuisine.
Aloo paratha recipe is a stuffed whole wheat bread. The main ingredients of the stuffing are boiled potatoes. Here, the boiled potatoes are mixed with the spices and stuffed in the whole wheat bread/chapathi. Then, the stuffed whole wheat paratha is cooked over a hot tawa until brown spots appear. In this aloo paratha video recipe, 2 simple ways of making easy parathas are explained. Enjoy this homemade paratha at home. You may like our aloo tikki in 5 minutes.
Aloo paratha step by step video (youtube) is given below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 7 aloo parathas
- Whole wheat flour / गेहूं का आटा / கோதுமை மாவு – 2 cup and little for dusting (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய்– 2 tsp + 2 tsp (for greasing)
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Cumin powder / जीरा पाउडर / சீரகம் தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Peeled whole potatoes / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு(medium) – 4
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் (small) – 2 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder /लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – ¼ tsp
- Amchur(mango) powder / आमचूर पाउडर / உலர்ந்த மாம்பழ தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder / धनिया पाउडर / மல்லி தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – few (chopped)
- Lemon / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை (small size) – 1/8
- Mash the peeled boiled potatoes.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, mango powder, salt (required), green chillies and coriander leaves to it. Mix it well.
- Squeeze lemon over it and mix it well. Stuffing is ready.
For preparing dough:
- Add required salt and cooking oil (2 tsp) to the whole wheat flour and mix it well.
- Add water to it and knead it to smooth dough.
- Close the dough with a lid for 25- 30 minutes. Dough is ready.
For preparing Parathas:
- Prepare a ball from the dough and press it gently to a small round shape using hands.
- Use rolling pin to flatten it more.
- Then place a prepared stuffing (1 ¼ tbsp) at the centre and bring the edges of (flattened dough) together and again press it gently using hands (use little whole wheat flour for dusting).
- Again, flatten it gently using rolling pin (don’t flatten it very hard and very thin as there are chances stuffing may come out). Aloo paratha is ready for cooking.
- Prepare 2 balls from the dough and flatten each ball using rolling pin to a round shaped chapathi
- Spread the stuffing (2 tbsp) equally over one chapathi and cover it with another chapathi.
- Flatten it gently using rolling pin to seal the edges (use little whole wheat flour for dusting).
For cooking Aloo Paratha:
- Cook the aloo parathas over a greased tawa (tawa greased with little cooking oil) at medium flame until golden brown spots appear on both sides. Turn off the flame.
- Soft aloo parathas are ready to serve with pickle/jam/yogurt/curd.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!