Aloo paratha is a stuffed whole wheat bread. The stuffing is prepared with mildly spiced mashed potatoes. Here is the simple and easy Video recipe.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 7 Aloo parathas
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cup and little for dusting (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking oil – 2 tsp + 2 tsp (for greasing)
- Water – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Salt – required
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Peeled whole Potatoes (medium) – 4
- Green chillies (small) – 2 (chopped)
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Amchur(Mango)powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – few (chopped)
- Lemon (small size) – 1/8
- Mash the peeled boiled potatoes.
- Add Red chilli powder, Garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, mango powder, required salt, green chillies and coriander leaves to it. Mix it well.
- Squeeze lemon over it and mix it well. Stuffing is ready.
For preparing dough:
- Add required salt and cooking oil (2 tsp) to the whole wheat flour and mix it well.
- Add Water to it and knead it to smooth dough.
- Close the dough with a lid for 25- 30 minutes. Dough is ready.
For preparing Parathas:
- Prepare a ball from the dough and press it gently to a small round shape using hands.
- Use rolling pin to flatten it more.
- Then place a prepared stuffing (1 ¼ tbsp) at the centre and bring the edges of (flattened dough) together and again press it gently using hands (Use little whole wheat flour for dusting).
- Again, flatten it gently using rolling pin (Don’t flatten it very hard and very thin as there are chances stuffing may come out). Aloo Paratha is ready for cooking.
- Prepare 2 balls from the dough and flatten each ball using rolling pin.
- Spread the stuffing (2 tbsp) equally over one flattened ball and cover it with another flattened ball.
- Flatten it gently using rolling pin to seal the edges (Use little Whole wheat flour for dusting).
For cooking Aloo Paratha:
- Cook the Aloo Parathas over a greased tawa (Tawa greased with little cooking oil) at medium flame until golden brown spots appear on both sides. Turn off the flame.
- Soft Aloo Parathas are ready to serve with Pickle/Jam/Yogurt/Curd.