Aloo tikki is a tasty and easy shallow fried-snack prepared with mashed potatoes and spices. Here is the simple and easy recipe. Detailed video recipe of it.
Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
- Boiled Potatoes (large sized) – 5
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – few (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp (heap)
- Garam masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Mango (Amchur) powder – 1/8 tsp
- Ginger powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt (required) – required
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Oats – ½ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Grind the oats to a coarse powder. Oats crumbs (coarse powder) are ready.
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add the oats coarse powder, green Chillies, red Chilli powder, turmeric powder, Garam masala powder, mango (Amchur) powder, ginger powder, pepper powder, required salt and coriander leaves to the mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
- Take a medium size ball from the mixture and flatten it to a round shaped tikki.
- Grease the tikki with little cooking oil.
- Cook (roast) the tikki until it turns golden brown on both sides in a greased tawa at medium flame. Turn off the flame. Hot Aloo tikki is ready to serve.