Pattinam pakoda is a toothsome snack/Appetizer that can be prepared very easily. This is one of the traditional recipes. I learnt this recipe from my grandmother and she used to call it as “pattinam pakkavadam”. This tasty dish will be crispy outside and soft inside. Here is the easy and simple recipe.
Here is the video recipe of it
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 15 pattinam pakoda
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Rice flour – 250 grams
- Besan flour – ¼ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Green chillies – 5 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- Cashew nuts – 6 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Curry leaves – few
- Medium sized Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ghee – 1 spoon (1 spoon = 10 ml)
- Oil – deep frying
- Heeng powder – ¼ coffee spoon (heap)
- Water – 50 ml
- Mix the Besan flour, rice flour, Ginger, Green chillies, onions, curry leaves, Ghee, required salt, Cashewnuts, coriander leaves and Heeng powder with water (50 ml).
- Make small lemon sized balls with the mixture.
- Deep fry the balls until it turns golden brown.