Cream of Thick Carrot Soup is a creamy Soup prepared with Carrot, Potato, Boiled milk, Onion, Fresh cream, Pepper powder and Salt. This is a toothsome Appetizer that can be prepared in very few minutes. It is a delicious dish which will be loved by people of all ages. Once if the kids taste it, it will definitely be in their favorite food list. Here is the simple recipe of it.
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes for cooking vegetables
4-5 minutes for boiling soup
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Big sized Carrot – 3 (chopped)
- Small sized Onion -1 (chopped)
- Boiled Milk – slightly less than ¼ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Small sized Potato – 1 (chopped)
- Fresh cream/Low fat cream – (1 -1 ¼) spoon
- Salt – required
- Pepper – (½ – ¾) tsp
- Cook the chopped Carrot, Onion, Potato with Water (1 cup (1 cup= 300 ml) in a pressure cooker for 5- 6 whistles (I have used Stainless steel 5 litre pressure cooker for cooking it). Switch off the flame.
- If there is any excess Vegetable water remains after cooking the vegetables in the pressure cooker, drain it and collect the vegetable Water, so that it can be used while grinding (Please don’t discard the vegetable Water as it contains lot of nutrients).
- Grind the cooked vegetables with Water/Collected Vegetable water (slightly more than ¼ cup (1 cup= 300 ml)). Vegetable paste is ready to use.
- Boil the Vegetable paste in a Kadai at medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the Boiled Milk to it and mix it well. Boil it for a minute.
- Add the Fresh cream/Low fat cream, required Pepper powder and Salt to it. Mix it well. Boil it for 30 seconds. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves. Serve Hot Thick Creamy Carrot Soup.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and enter your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your mail inbox directly. You can also follow us on Facebook (Sreelakshmi Kitchen), Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).