Gobi/Cauliflower 65 is a renowned Starter/Appetizer prepared with Gobi/Cauliflower florets, Maida (All-purpose flour), Corn flour, Chilli powder, Pepper powder, Cumin powder, Ginger Garlic paste, Lemon water/juice and Garam Masala powder. This toothsome dish is prepared in a Restaurant style. Enjoy the Restaurant style Gobi/Cauliflower 65 at home with this simple recipe.
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes for cooking the mixture.
2-3 minutes for deep frying each florets and if you fry it twice, it may take longer time.
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Bigger than a Small sized Cauliflower/Gobi – 1
- Onion – 3 (finely chopped)
- Maida (All-purpose flour) – 5 spoon
- Corn flour – 4 ½ spoon
- Red Chilli powder – (1 ½ – 1 ¾ tsp) + slightly less than ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Cooking oil – 3 spoons for roasting Onions
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Lemon water/juice – 1 spoon
- Garam masala powder – slightly less ¼ tsp + ½ coffee spoon
- Chopped Curry leaves/Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Boil the Cauliflower florets in enough Water and very little salt for 5-6 minutes at medium-high flame. Switch off the flame.
- Drain the Water and spread the boiled Cauliflower/Gobi on a plate for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the Maida (All-purpose flour), Corn flour, Red Chilli powder (1 ½ – 1¾) tsp or as per your requirement), Pepper powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala powder (slightly less than ¼ tsp), required Salt, Ginger garlic paste together.
- Add Water to it and make a batter of Thick consistency (I have added (130 – 160) ml of Water to make the batter).
- Dip the Spread Cauliflower/Gobi florets in the prepared batter and coat the florets with the batter and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Deep fry the Cauliflower/Gobi florets with the Cooking Oil until it turns golden brown in a Kadai at medium flame (It can be deep fried twice to get it crispier). Switch off the flame. Deep fried Cauliflower/Gobi florets are ready to use.
- Roast the chopped Onions with the cooking Oil and required Salt until it becomes pink and transparent in a Kadai at medium flame (I have used non-stick Kadai and it took 3-4 minutes for roasting).
- Add the Red Chilli powder (slightly less than ½ tsp) and Garam masala powder (¼ coffee spoon) to it and mix it well.
- Then, add the Deep fried Cauliflower/Gobi florets to it and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the Garam Masala (¼ coffee spoon) to it and mix it well. Sauté for 30 seconds. Switch off the flame.
- Add the Lemon Water/juice over it and mix it well.
- Garnish with chopped Curry leaves/Coriander leaves. Hot Gobi/Cauliflower 65 is ready to serve.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and enter your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your mail inbox directly. You can also follow us on Facebook (Sreelakshmi Kitchen), Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).