Stuffed capsicum | bharwa shimla mirch | stuffed bell peppers vegetarian is with detailed video and photo recipe. Stuffed capsicum recipe is also known as bharwa shimla mirch recipe. Capsicum or bell peppers are known as शिमला मिर्च (shimla mirch) in hindi language and குடைமிளகாய் (kudaimilagai) in tamil language.
Stuffed capsicum | bharwa shimla mirch |stuffed bell peppers vegetarian is a tasty, simple, easy and delicious vegetarian curry prepared with bell peppers/capsicum, potatoes (aloo), onions and spices. It is prepared in indian style. It is a famous side dish in north india as well as in south india. It is a mouthwatering side dish for rice varieties.
It is a simple and mouthwatering side dish recipe for lunch box too. This stuffed capsicum will be loved by people of all ages (from kids to adults). It is a healthy recipe too as the bell peppers are not deep fried. Stuffed bell pepper recipe from scratch is written below.
In this stuffed bell peppers recipe, potatoes are boiled/ steam cooked separately. Then, the boiled potatoes (aloo) are crumbled and cooked along with onions and spices. Later, the prepared stuffings are stuffed in the capsicum (bell peppers) and it is shallow fried with little oil. It is one best stuffed bell peppers recipe. Enjoy this easy bharwa shimla recipe at home.
Stuffed capsicum | bharwa shimla mirch |stuffed bell peppers vegetarian step by step video recipe (youtube) is below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Stuffed capsicum recipe
Cooking time: less than 25 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Potatoes / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு – 5 (medium size)
- Cooking oil / vegetable oil / ना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – 1 tsp
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் (medium size)- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– 1 ½ tsp
- Onion / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (big size) – 2
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder / लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் –1 tsp
- Coriander powder / धनिया पाउडर /கொத்தமல்லி தூள்– ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி– 1 tsp
- Dried mango / amchur powder / आमचूर पाउडर / உலர்ந்த மாம்பழ தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Lemon / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை (medium size) – ½
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – few
- Capsicum / bell peppers / शिमला मिर्च / குடைமிளகாய் – 7
For preparing stuffing
- Boil/ steam cook the potatoes with little water in a cooker/steamer.
- Add cooking oil to a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger garlic paste to it. Sauté for a minute at low flame.
- Add onions, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and dried mango (Amchur) powder to it. Sauté until onions turn transparent at medium flame.
- Add salt (required) to it.
- Crumble the boiled/steam cooked potatoes over it. Mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon over it and then, add coriander leaves to it. Mix it well. Stuffing is ready.
For stuffed capsicum
- Remove the stem (top) part from the capsicum using a knife (refer video recipe, click stuffed capsicum video.
- Then, remove the seeds and placenta from the capsicum using knife or hands.
- Keep the prepared stuffing inside the capsicum.
- Again place the removed stem on the stuffed capsicum (in its original place).
- Add cooking oil (2 tbsp) to a kadai/pan.
- Place the stuffed capsicum on it and roast until it turns golden brown all sides (use spoon or food thong to turn capsicum for roasting). Serve hot.
If you like this recipe, please share your vote below and share it with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!