Instant Protein Dosa/Cheela is a nutritious, tasty and very healthy breakfast dish. This dish doesn’t need batter fermentation for preparation. This dish can be cooked as soon as the batter is prepared.
This is my innovative dish and I have named it as Protein Dosa/Cheela as it rich in protein. It is not only rich in protein but also rich in fiber and other nutrients. This is a perfect healthy dish which contains all the essential nutrients, vitamins, good fat and fiber one needs in a meal. As Coconut is added, it is a good source of healthy fat too. This toothsome dish is a healthy combination of all the nutritious food such as oats, Moong sprouts, coconut, Ginger and spices.
This is the food that one must prepare for a healthy and a tasty start of a day. Even the kids will start loving this nutritious food after tasting it once. Here is the simple and very easy recipe of it.
Detailed video recipe of Instant Protein Dosa/Cheela
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes
Serves : 6-7 Dosa/Cheela
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Oats (Plain/Multigrain) – 150 grams
- Moong sprouts – 100 grams
- Garam masala – ¾ coffee spoon (heap)
- Coconut (Grated) – 3 spoons
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 chopped
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – required
- Water – 420 ml
- Cooking oil – 1 spoon (For greasing tawa) + ½ spoon (for preparing cheela/Dosa, if required)
- Roast the oats till it turns slightly brown in a kadai at medium flame. Turn off the flame.
- Grind it along with Moong sprouts, Garam masala, coconut, Ginger, Black pepper powder, Red Chilli powder, Green chillies, Cumin seeds, required Salt and water to a batter.
- Grease the Dosa tawa with the cooking oil (1 spoon).
- Pour the batter to a round shaped chilla/Dosa over the tawa and cook both sides (Use cooking oil if required). Turn off the flame.