Here is the detailed video recipe of it
Pumpkin Gravy is a scrumptious dish prepared with Pumpkin and other ingredients. This is an excellent side dish for Rice, Roti, Phulka and Chapati. This is a simple and easy Vegan recipe. Once if you try this recipe, it will definitely be in your wanted list always. Especially Kids will love this toothsome and healthy side dish.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For preparing Tamarind water
- Tamarind – big button size
- Water – 120ml
- Coconut milk (Thick) – 200 ml
- Green Chillies – 5 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds– ½ tsp
For cooking pumpkin Gravy (Kootu)
- Pumpkin (chopped) – 2 cups (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Turmeric powder – ¾ coffee spoon (1 coffee spoon = 2.5ml)
- Salt – required
- Water – 30 ml
- Cooking/Coconut oil – 1 spoon (1 spoon = 10ml)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few (Chopped)
- Dissolve the Tamarind in Water and prepare Tamarind water.
- Grind the Coconut milk, Green Chillies and Mustard to a mixture. Ground mixture is ready.
- Cook the pumpkin with the prepared tamarind water, turmeric powder, required salt and Water (30 ml) in a pressure cooker for 8 minutes at high flame (I cooked for 3 whistles).
- Mash the cooked mixture.
- Add the prepared ground mixture to the mashed mixture. Mix it well and cook for (1-2) minutes at simmer.
- Roast the mustard seeds with the coconut oil until it crackles and then add few Curry leaves (Chopped) to it.
- Transfer the tempered contents to the cooked mixture. Serve hot.