Tomato rice is a rice based dish prepared with Tomatoes, Onions, Rice and spices. Enjoy this Restaurant style tomato rice at your home with this simple and easy recipe. This is an excellent Lunch Box recipe too. It tastes the best with Onion Raita and plain Yogurt/Curd.
Cooking time: 20– 25 minutes
To receive instant notifications whenever new recipes are uploaded, CLICK: SUBSCRIBE
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Cooking oil – 2 spoon
- Cinnamon stick – 2 (each an inch)
- Cardamom – 8
- Cloves – 8
- Bay leaves – 2 (crushed)
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tsp
- Medium sized Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 10 (chopped)
- Salt – required
- Tomato (Country variety) – 2 (big Size) + 1 (medium size)
- Water – ¼ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Ginger garlic paste – ¾ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ coffee spoon (heap)
- Garam masala powder – ¾ coffee spoon (heap)
- Uncooked raw Rice – 1 cup (300ml)
- Cooking Oil/Extra Virgin Olive oil – 1 spoon
- Cook the raw rice with required water (The amount of water depends upon the quality and variety of rice) for 3 whistles in pressure cooker (The cooked rice should be separate and not mushy).
- Roast the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, Bay leaves and Fennel seeds (Saunf) with the cooking oil (2 spoon) for a minute.
- Add Onions, Garlic cloves and required salt to it. Sauté until the Onions becomes pink and transparent.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes to it and mix it well.
- Add Water and close the lid for 7-8 minutes. Mash the cooked Tomatoes using masher.
- Add Ginger garlic paste, Red Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder and required Salt. Give a mix and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Add required Salt and give a mix.
- Add cooking oil/Extra virgin Olive oil to it and give a mix. Turn off the flame. Serve Warm/hot.