Veg cheese balls (Without deep fry) is a scrumptious snack/Appetizer prepared without deep frying. This delicious dish is prepared with vegetables and spices. Here is the simple and easy recipe of it.
For pressure cooking the vegetables: 12 minutes
For roasting the vegetable balls : 8 minutes.
Serves: 10 -11 vegetable balls
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Potato – 2 (chopped)
- Medium sized Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Large sized carrot – 1 (sliced)
- Small sized Red capsicum (bell peppers) – 2 (chopped)
- Green peas – 30 grams
- Corn (pellets) – 50 grams
- Coriander leaves – few
- Water – 1 ¼ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Salt – required
- Garam masala powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Black pepper powder – ¼ coffee spoon
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/8 tsp (heap)
- Ginger powder – 1/8 coffee spoon (heap)
- Coriander leaves – few (chopped)
- Bread Crumbs – ½ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Cheese (Mozzarella) – 60 grams (grated)
- Cooking oil – 1 spoon (for greasing the Appe (kuzhi paniyaram) pan) + 1 spoon (over the balls)
- Add water and required salt to the potatoes, carrot, red capsicum, green peas, corn and onions. Mix it well.
- Pressure cook with vent weight for 12 minutes at high flame (I cooked for 10 whistles in 5 litre stainless steel pressure cooker). Turn off the flame.
- Mash the cooked vegetables.
- Add Garam masala powder, black pepper powder, Red Chilli powder, Cumin powder, Ginger Powder and Coriander leaves to it. Mix it well.
- Add bread crumbs to it and mix it well.
- Take a portion of mixture and flatten it. Fill it with grated cheese and close the edges. Roll into balls.
- Grease the Appe pan (Kuzhi paniyaram pan) with the cooking oil (1 spoon).
- Roast the prepared balls until it turns golden brown on all its sides at simmer flame (Pour cooking oil (1 spoon) in between (if required) to roast the balls well). Serve hot.
please find the video recipe of it